The Student Room Group
your doing 6 subjects how are you going to manage... I did six and failed dismally so i advise you don't
Reply 2
MathsStudent
your doing 6 subjects how are you going to manage... I did six and failed dismally so i advise you don't

its 5, eng lit and lang count as one. i dont want to do 5 but i would like a C in maths GCSE and its only for one year.
since when did they count as one?
oh its a maths Gcse ok ok that should be fine then so your only doing 4 Actual AS's thats fine personally i think 2 of your subjects are soft and for finance you really should take maths to AS at the least
Reply 5
You should be taking a Maths AS-level & Economics AS-level and then the other 2 our up to you :smile:,but like because u got a "D" at GCSE Maths you might want to consider doing Business instead?
Reply 6
I thought most colleges required at least a B in GCSE Maths for you to take Economics at AS?
Reply 7
abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz
since when did they count as one?

English Language and Literature is available in one I think. :smile: Think that's what the OP means.
Lunarsea
English Language and Literature is available in one I think. :smile: Think that's what the OP means.

but they're not though :s-smilie:
Reply 9
There is a joint A-level.
Reply 10
MathsStudent
oh its a maths Gcse ok ok that should be fine then so your only doing 4 Actual AS's thats fine personally i think 2 of your subjects are soft and for finance you really should take maths to AS at the least

I agree I would reccomend doing further maths aswel but if you cn't even manage gcse maths you'll have no chance of obtaining a good results. But I do think you need A2 maths if not AS at least, otherwise i would consider a different course or forget applying to any top uniz.
Reply 11
Amit92
You should be taking a Maths AS-level & Economics AS-level and then the other 2 our up to you :smile:,but like because u got a "D" at GCSE Maths you might want to consider doing Business instead?

I would do business but that clashed on my time table, in my college there is English lit AS and English lang/lit AS. I appreciate the replies everyone, thank you.
I'm pretty sure for Finance you need to be good at Maths GCSE & to have taken it at A-Level. If you struggle with the Maths at GCSE then you will find the Maths involved in Finance hard.

Latest