The Student Room Group

Politics and IR Questions

Original post by ub123abc123
Hi guys,
I'm starting my personal statement to apply to a History SCITT programme however I'm suddenly getting really nervous about my subject knowledge. I don't have a history degree or alA level but I just finished politics and IR at university which covered a substantial amount of history just not what's in the curriculum.
Has anyone got any advice on how to improve subject knowledge and if there's even a point applying because I feel like the interview stages are really rigorous which makes me even more nervous.
Sorry for the rambling would just appreciate any advice or reassurance.

Hey,

So this is a wee bit cheeky but I couldn't help but noticing you had done Politics and IR at University and would love to do this course myself
Would you be ok if I was to message you to ask a few questions about the course, would just love to talk to someone who has done it.
Don't feel you have to message me, no pressure and all the best in you're teaching career, I'm sure your students will be very lucky to have you :-)
Original post by JackDaltonFan
Hey,

So this is a wee bit cheeky but I couldn't help but noticing you had done Politics and IR at University and would love to do this course myself
Would you be ok if I was to message you to ask a few questions about the course, would just love to talk to someone who has done it.
Don't feel you have to message me, no pressure and all the best in you're teaching career, I'm sure your students will be very lucky to have you :-)

I've split your post into a new thread in the social and political sciences forum so that you can post your questions here and get help from the community. :yy: :smile:
Thank you 👍
Original post by JackDaltonFan
Hey,

Hey of course! Ask away I'd be happy to help with whatever I can :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending