The Student Room Group

How to get over fear of spiders

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Australia has many beautiful places that I'll never see because the spiders there mean real business.

Ikr it rlly sucks, like I'd love to travel round there but I cant because the spiders there are beyond anything I'd ever be able to cope w
Original post by Mr T 999
Just kill one. Once you kill one you feel superior and stronger than the spider and you're fear will eventually go.

Nope. It helped at first and I was able to kill small ones but after seeing that one thick big spider my confidence has reset. I give up
Nope. It helped at first and I was able to kill small ones but after seeing that one thick big spider my confidence has reset. I give up

Then get a pet lizard that will eat the spiders. Problem solved. :biggrin:
People here taking about killing spiders... SMH. They have children you know
Haha it's actually helped me for tiny ones sometimes but never the big ones

I generally take one of these 3 options

1. If they stay in their corner I generally leave them alone, not worth my effort.

2. If they are in an easy to kill position and rather stationary I just have to firm it and kill it before it ends up somewhere where I don't want.
Method of killing is usually a thick book or a vacuum.

3. If they are big and look like they are agile I pack my bags take the essentials ( phone , laptop ) and exit the premises. There was one that I was just not prepared to deal with and my mother decided to. And booooi let's just say she ended up in the hospital and the giant spider was housing a few smaller ones. My skin is tingling just writing about it.

When I am a fully qualified engineer I will invent a vacuum of death that will atomise any of these creatures withing seconds. Certain inhalation.
I honestly don't know why this hasn't been done. We can't let these inferior creatures trouble us so much.
Original post by blackugo
I generally take one of these 3 options

1. If they stay in their corner I generally leave them alone, not worth my effort.

2. If they are in an easy to kill position and rather stationary I just have to firm it and kill it before it ends up somewhere where I don't want.
Method of killing is usually a thick book or a vacuum.

3. If they are big and look like they are agile I pack my bags take the essentials ( phone , laptop ) and exit the premises. There was one that I was just not prepared to deal with and my mother decided to. And booooi let's just say she ended up in the hospital and the giant spider was housing a few smaller ones. My skin is tingling just writing about it.

When I am a fully qualified engineer I will invent a vacuum of death that will atomise any of these creatures withing seconds. Certain inhalation.
I honestly don't know why this hasn't been done. We can't let these inferior creatures trouble us so much.

Omg that spider sounds terrifying! Omg please let me know when you create that as I would certainly buy one lmaoo! Lol I struggle to kill them and honestly If theres one just vibing in my room I have to get my parents to kill it as I'm just too scared lol
Original post by H4ttie03
Omg that spider sounds terrifying! Omg please let me know when you create that as I would certainly buy one lmaoo! Lol I struggle to kill them and honestly If theres one just vibing in my room I have to get my parents to kill it as I'm just too scared lol

I literally just killed a ceiling dweller. My powers are growing. As soon as the music comes I get an adrenaline rush.
:
I'll make sure they're in supermarkets as long the animal rights activists don't stop me. :frown:
I literally just killed a ceiling dweller. My powers are growing. As soon as the music comes I get an adrenaline rush.
:
I'll make sure they're in supermarkets as long the animal rights activists don't stop me. :frown:

Omg you go sis! Lol I wish I was that confident w killing spiders but they just scare me too much.
Hahaha yes great, ahh yeah let's hope that they dont
Omg you go sis! Lol I wish I was that confident w killing spiders but they just scare me too much.
Hahaha yes great, ahh yeah let's hope that they dont

No sis here lol. I am a male. Hahaha, don't judge me.
No sis here lol. I am a male. Hahaha, don't judge me.

Lol I'm sorry I say sis to guys and girls, I didnt mean to offend you haha lol I wont
Lol I'm sorry I say sis to guys and girls, I didnt mean to offend you haha lol I wont

No worries. I'm not offended.
There are those spider catchers (i think they are from JML or something) and it picks them up gently with a grabber handle on one end and a soft bristles on the other. So at least you are at arms length when getting rid of them when it comes to facing them on your own.

Apparently this is also good https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/the-buzz-spider-repellent
Original post by Ghostlady
There are those spider catchers (i think they are from JML or something) and it picks them up gently with a grabber handle on one end and a soft bristles on the other. So at least you are at arms length when getting rid of them when it comes to facing them on your own.

Apparently this is also good https://www.robertdyas.co.uk/the-buzz-spider-repellent

Lol I've got one of those and they actually work quite well if you're not scared of catching them haha
Lol I've got one of those and they actually work quite well if you're not scared of catching them haha

Well at least give it a go whenever you see a spider, and also use the repellent too for piece of mind. .
Original post by Ghostlady
Well at least give it a go whenever you see a spider, and also use the repellent too for piece of mind. .

Hahahha yes maybe

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending