The Student Room Group
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton

Does solent send a welcome pack or info when you’ve been accepted?

Anyone know when universities give more information after you’ve been accepted? I haven’t got a unique reference code for accommodation, I assume this all happens after the 13th?
Original post by Mvarneymusic
Anyone know when universities give more information after you’ve been accepted? I haven’t got a unique reference code for accommodation, I assume this all happens after the 13th?

yes it'll be a few days after results day usually.
City-centre campus surrounded by parks
Solent University
Southampton
Original post by Mvarneymusic

Hi @Mvarneymusic,

Just to let you know, we don't send out welcome packs, but you will receive communication from us. Once you have made your firm choice, various departments will start sending out the following:

Pre-registration

Once we have received your results and have confirmed your place, you will be sent an email with your username and password with instructions on how to pre-register. This will be sent towards the end of August. This email will also have details of our Get Ready for Solent portal where you will be able to access a huge amount of University information and induction activity specific for your start in September.

Joining Instructions

You will be emailed your Joining Instructions providing you have;
An UF offer.
Completed your pre-registration.
Emailed a copy of a passport or driving licence for your enrolment to [email protected] · Emailed in a copy of your visa to [email protected] (overseas students only).
Uploaded a passport sized picture during pre-registration or emailed in a passport sized picture to [email protected] - this will be used for your campus card.
Your Joining Instructions will detail any additional summer project work or kit requirements deemed necessary for the start of your course in September. It will also provide information about the first contact you will have with your academic teaching team and information on how to access your course timetable.

Accommodation

Within about 48 hours of going Firm, you will receive an email from the accommodation office, with a unique reference number. After this, you can then go online and book accommodation. In the meantime, you could take a look at the accommodation pages on the website here.

I hope this has helped with your query, and gives you more clarity about what will happen in the coming weeks. My best advice at the moment would be to be patient as we are very busy with clearing queries over the next coupe of days- after this you should receive all of the above information. If you don't, or if there is a delay with anything, please do not hesitate to post again and I will look into it for you.

Best of luck with your studies, and well done for receiving your offer to study at Solent!

Eloise :smile:
That’s helped big time, thanks !
When should I email my passport?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending