The Student Room Group

Online MSc For Computer Science/Data Science

I'm currently working as a Data Scientist and I'm looking to improve my CS knowledge within it. I have a math background with a good amount of statistics involved, so I'd say I'd be pretty fine in the Mathematics aspect of machine learning. I'd say my area to improve is within the general CS/AI area and learning how to be better at programming etc beyond python.

I've been looking into several online Msc courses and thought if anyone could give me any advice as to which would be suitable. Bonus if anyone is/has completed the course and can give me an insight as to how the quality is like.

I think for my background and goal I really like University of Yorks Computer Science and AI course since it covers pretty much what I want to learn, and its the cheapest out of the others.

I have also been considering the following courses below:

MSc Computer Science/ MSc AI- University of Bath
MSc Computer Science/MSc Data Science and AI - University of Liverpool
MSc Data Science - University of Bristol

Other than York, I'm pretty stuck as to which course is best for me. And I'm pretty limited in terms of which unis I can pick since it has to be online. Any advice regarding this is highly appreciated.
Reply 1
bump
Original post by 0700k
I'm currently working as a Data Scientist and I'm looking to improve my CS knowledge within it. I have a math background with a good amount of statistics involved, so I'd say I'd be pretty fine in the Mathematics aspect of machine learning. I'd say my area to improve is within the general CS/AI area and learning how to be better at programming etc beyond python.

I've been looking into several online Msc courses and thought if anyone could give me any advice as to which would be suitable. Bonus if anyone is/has completed the course and can give me an insight as to how the quality is like.

I think for my background and goal I really like University of Yorks Computer Science and AI course since it covers pretty much what I want to learn, and its the cheapest out of the others.

I have also been considering the following courses below:

MSc Computer Science/ MSc AI- University of Bath
MSc Computer Science/MSc Data Science and AI - University of Liverpool
MSc Data Science - University of Bristol

Other than York, I'm pretty stuck as to which course is best for me. And I'm pretty limited in terms of which unis I can pick since it has to be online. Any advice regarding this is highly appreciated.

Hi, have you started any of the course in any university? Kindly let me know how it’s going in terms of teaching etc. Thanks!
Hi how did you get on with your search?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending