The Student Room Group
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London

PGCE 2020/2021 at London Met

I haven’t seen anyone else posting about this, but is anyone on here going to do a PGCE at London Met? I’m doing my PGCE Primary there. Just wanted to see who else is going there in September.
Hi,

I have applied to London met for PGCE primary and I'm really nervous. I have an interview soon and I'm hoping to start in September. Could you please let me know what questions they asked during the interview process. Thanks xx
Libeskind Graduate Centre
London Metropolitan University
London
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hi,

I have applied to London met for PGCE primary and I'm really nervous. I have an interview soon and I'm hoping to start in September. Could you please let me know what questions they asked during the interview process. Thanks xx

Hi, I don't remember the exact questions that I was asked but I do remember talking about the skills that I would need to be a good teacher, how I would manage studying on the course as it is intense, and the challenges of working in schools in a disadvantaged part of London. I think for the last one, I said something like children in those areas may not have access to resources so they could fall behind or not be able to complete their homework. I was also asked something about differentiation. I think the question was how would you deal with mixed abilities in a classroom?

I also had a five-minute presentation that I had to prepare for and I was asked one question about that too.

The interviewer I had was really nice and it did feel more like a conversation at times than an interview.

Good luck. I think if you prepare as much as you can for questions they could ask you, you should be fine.

Sorry, I sent this from the other account that I created because I couldn't get into the other one.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by fryjiers
Hi, I don't remember the exact questions that I was asked but I do remember talking about the skills that I would need to be a good teacher, how I would manage studying on the course as it is intense, and the challenges of working in schools in a disadvantaged part of London. I think for the last one, I said something like children in those areas may not have access to resources so they could fall behind or not be able to complete their homework. I was also asked something about differentiation. I think the question was how would you deal with mixed abilities in a classroom?

I also had a five-minute presentation that I had to prepare for and I was asked one question about that too.

The interviewer I had was really nice and it did feel more like a conversation at times than an interview.

Good luck. I think if you prepare as much as you can for questions they could ask you, you should be fine.

Sorry, I sent this from the other account that I created because I couldn't get into the other one.

Thank you for all the help :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you for all the help :smile:

Hey, I was wondering if you already did your interview and how it went. Were your interview questions similar?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by kiwiwik
Hey, I was wondering if you already did your interview and how it went. Were your interview questions similar?

Hi,
The interview went well and the interviewer was nice. The questions were similar but she did ask additional ones. There was one related to issues in the education system and another question about the barriers in the education system.
Good luck with the interview, if you have prepared and have done your research, you should be fine xx

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending