The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

The Offical Exeter 2009 Thread!!!!

This is a thread for anyone who's seriously considering entering Exeter in 2009i am going to apply and if i get an offer, it will be my firm offer.

We could discuss universtiy itself or its surroundings etc or even people who are in exter at the moment to give us prospective student an insight of whats its like? or anyone been on the open days yet or going in September?

I'm thinking of doing Accounting and Finance with a year in Industry.

What is everyone else doing? :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Then this thread is for me :smile: Cause seriously considering entering Exeter in 2009 as same as u it will be my firm choice due to simple reason no other university offers such great conditions for Arabic and Middle Eastern as Exeter therefore,ill be going for it.. :smile:

Although,im a bit worried about the polulation of the town,which is not that big so it might difficult to find a part-time job..but well,thats still ahead..i should get an offer first,then decide on it.. :wink:

Oh and almost forgot to mention ,im going to study Arabic and Middle Eastern studies
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
She_Bittersweet
Then this thread is for me :smile: Cause seriously considering entering Exeter in 2009 as same as u it will be my firm choice due to simple reason no other university offers such great conditions for Arabic and Middle Eastern as Exeter therefore,ill be going for it.. :smile:

Although,im a bit worried about the polulation of the town,which is not that big so it might difficult to find a part-time job..but well,thats still ahead..i should get an offer first,then decide on it.. :wink:

Oh and almost forgot to mention ,im going to study Arabic and Middle Eastern studies

wow u must be reallu good to study a language in University, what A levels are you doing now?
Well, u see im not English and im Lithuanian and our education system differs from the one u have there..so yeah...not use if its worth comparing.. :wink: id like to know..why are u considering Exeter ?i mean any particular reasons that have caught ur attention
Reply 4
She_Bittersweet

Although,im a bit worried about the polulation of the town,which is not that big so it might difficult to find a part-time job..

I'd say a bigger factor is whether you're going to be available to work all year - because obviously employers may not be all that keen to hire people who are going to be around for ten weeks, then vanish for a bit, then come back... As a city, though, even if it isn't all that big population-wise, Exeter has lots of shops etc. where you could look for work.
Reply 5
Anyone considering physics can give me a PM or email.
Reply 6
:ditto: Well maths for me ^.^
Reply 7
Hey is anyone considering studying History?
Is anyone feeling confident about achieving the grades needed? :smile:
She_Bittersweet
Well, u see im not English and im Lithuanian and our education system differs from the one u have there..so yeah...not use if its worth comparing.. :wink: id like to know..why are u considering Exeter ?i mean any particular reasons that have caught ur attention

well i'm thinking of it cos i wanna do a sandwich course and Exeter is the only one that offers it as well as Kent and Brunel in the area, but i like countryside so the seaside would be good and the fact it has a language centre as well which i really wanted. how about you?
Anyone here been on the open day or is going on 20 september?
Umm well,basically im going for Exeter cause only this university and also Leeds offers the best conditions for my course..the second year abroad,the concept of the teaching matches my expectations and wishes..Also its a great university one of the best ones in the Middle Eastern studies,therefore its a great option for me :smile:
She_Bittersweet
Umm well,basically im going for Exeter cause only this university and also Leeds offers the best conditions for my course..the second year abroad,the concept of the teaching matches my expectations and wishes..Also its a great university one of the best ones in the Middle Eastern studies,therefore its a great option for me :smile:

I've got a place at Exeter in 2009 for Arabic (currently on my gap year) Leeds is ****e compared... The facilities at Exeter are much better, much more beautiful campus, better links with Arabic speaking countries, etc.

I can't wait :biggrin:
ooh really? only Arabic right? thats nice :smile: Well,i agree Exeter is much better than Leeds, but then Exeter and Leeds to my point of view have quite the same way of teaching from all my choices,cause in other universities ill be applying it differs a lot..so i just picked them in case im not accepted there..
Reply 13
I went to the Exeter open day in June, loved the place! Got to look around the accomodation and speak to some lecturers, well worth the visit.
DJ91
I went to the Exeter open day in June, loved the place! Got to look around the accomodation and speak to some lecturers, well worth the visit.

i'm going to the open day on the 20 september, its 4 hours by train!! i'm gonna be so bored, but i think open days are quite important, but do you think open day will effect your application? cos if we apply to exter, do you think it will help if we've been to the open day? cos they do take down our name don't they?
Reply 15
Whether or not you visit for an open day won't affect your application at all, don't worry. They probably only take your names in order to send you information, or just simply to have a rough estimate of how many people are going to be there.
Reply 16
But it's obviously important in terms of finding out whether Exeter feels like somewhere you want to come, and whether you'd be happy spending several years here studying.
I'm definitely going to be applying for German and IR... It was never my first choice, but of all the universities I have considered, it is the only one that has remained consistent!...
Reply 18
yh, i would like to put exeter as my firm choice if i get an offer, really liked the place when i went for the open day in june. applying for biochemistry!
Everyone here seems to lke the universtity cos they like the place! me too, its by the seeside isn't it? i personally like countryside instead of a busy city, especially not in London.

But i hope i will like it when i got to the open day, so far its my number one choice....also it has a langusge centre, thats good....

Latest

Trending

Trending