The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Exeter University as my firm and insurance choices

Ive put Exeter as my firm and my insurance choices. If I don't get the grades for my firm but do get the grades for my insurance does that mean my accommodation application is valid. because its the same uni so won't make a difference right? if I don't get the grades I still want to go but don't want to get left without a place in halls.
Original post by a.person.05
Ive put Exeter as my firm and my insurance choices. If I don't get the grades for my firm but do get the grades for my insurance does that mean my accommodation application is valid. because its the same uni so won't make a difference right? if I don't get the grades I still want to go but don't want to get left without a place in halls.

You need to ask the university accommodation section this to get proper advice.
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter
Reply 2
Best to call them up, I am sure they will be pleased you picked them both for firm and insurance and will make it happen regarding the accommodation bit
Reply 3

Fairly certain it explains what happens for this scenario on their Accommodation Guarantee webpage
Reply 4

Hi, the university accommodation website states that "if your place at Exeter is subsequently confirmed for your insurance choice course, you will not be covered by the Accommodation Guarantee and your original accommodation application will be declined on results day.

You do not need to apply again, but you must contact the Accommodation Office as soon as you have accepted your insurance place, and ask for your application to be reinstated."

So no, it won't be valid unless you call them asap after you find out you're going on your insurance choice to tell them to keep your accommodation application.

https://www.exeter.ac.uk/accommodation/applying/accommodationguarantee/#a3
(edited 11 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending