The Student Room Group
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen

Accommodation recommendations

Hi there, I'm potentially be a fresher at Aberdeen this year but I'm a little older than most people in my position at 22

Looking forward to meeting lots of new folk when I arrive but I'd quite like to be around a mix of freshers and older students ideally

Would the Hillhead village be a good shout for me? Or is it basically all 18 year old freshers?

Ideally I don't want to be totally surrounded by younger folk but it would also be good to meet other people who are starting uni at the same time

I've had a look at the Unite accommodating as well which looks l bit nicer but also more expensive (can't afford any more than £400/month)

Any recommendations much appreciated
I started uni when I was 21 and I stayed in Hillhead. I'd say 80% were 18-19 year olds, 10% 20-21 and the other 10% 22 or older.
I don't know what it'll be like with corona this year, but last year Hillhead was full of 18/19 year olds partying all day and all night, so if you feel like you've grown out of that, maybe it's not the best spot.

But either way, there's so many people around that you're bound to find someone similar to you, and if you don't want to party you can just stay in.

The other student accommodations in Aberdeen like Unite or Liberty are good options as well, but I feel like you only meet 1/3 of the people you would meet at Hillhead.
Student Outside, University of Aberdeen
University of Aberdeen
Hey! I’m 22 and moving to causeway view with unite, I know it’s more expensive but I feel like every accommodation is gonna be full of people partying but causeway has double beds and private bathrooms which I’m hoping might give me a few comforts.
Everyone I’ve spoke to about moving for uni has said definitely move into halls otherwise it’s hard to meet people.
Maybe join the facebook groups for different halls and see what everyone in them is like? At least if people seem friendly it’ll help you make a decision.
Reply 3
Thanks for the replies people.

Think I will look into getting a place at hillhead, however I'm concerned that in official university accommodation they may prevent flat parties/social gatherings this year due to covid rules

Does anyone know if there are any plans for this to be the case at Aberdeen?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending