The Student Room Group
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website

York St John Accomodation Decision

Hi,
I am currently in year 13, and hoping to go to York St John University in September to study biomedical science. I am just wondering where anyone would recommend for student accommodation. I have looked at City Residence online and I am quite keen on it, however I would like to hear recommendations about different places! :smile:
Original post by JessYoung0406
Hi,
I am currently in year 13, and hoping to go to York St John University in September to study biomedical science. I am just wondering where anyone would recommend for student accommodation. I have looked at City Residence online and I am quite keen on it, however I would like to hear recommendations about different places! :smile:

Hi,

It entirely depends on what you want to get out of your accommodation at uni. If you're wanting cheaper accommodation that's closer to the uni, I'd recommend the Grange. If you're hoping for en-suite, and being close to the nightlife, I'd recommend St John's Central.

City is a nice balance, as it's cheaper and closer to the uni, and from what I am aware, is a nice accommodation to live in during your time at uni, however, if you are unsure, more specifics can help narrow down what vibes you are looking for.

Andrew
Students on campus
York St John University
York
Visit website
Original post by JessYoung0406
Hi,

Hi, I stayed in City Residence in my first year and would recommend it if you are wanting an en-suite that is in a quieter location. It is only a 5-10 minute walk from uni and there is a co-op half way between the two. It is in a quiet and safe location and the rooms are comfortable. I would highly recommend staying there if you are wanting a quieter place that is still really close to uni and only a 10-15 minute walk into the city centre. :smile:

Sophie
thank you for your replies! i got my offer back a few days ago for city residence, which I happily accepted! the only thing I’m wondering about is the layout as it says I’m in block A?
Original post by jess_y0406
thank you for your replies! i got my offer back a few days ago for city residence, which I happily accepted! the only thing I’m wondering about is the layout as it says I’m in block A?

Hi, City Residence is mostly 1 building as you can see on our website. The building has multiple entrances due to the layout of the building. When it says Block A it is referring to the section of the building you are in and which enterence you would need to use to access your flat. All of the rooms are more or less the same so there is no major differences. I hope this helps.

Sophie (Student Ambassador)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending