The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Cardiff admission

Hello house,
I want to know how long it takes to hear from cardiff after submitting an application for September intake.
Original post by Shekinah glory
Hello house,
I want to know how long it takes to hear from cardiff after submitting an application for September intake.
Hi there,

It can vary! For me, I think it was around 3 weeks to a month. It can be longer! If you're concerned, I'd recommend reaching out to UCAS/ admissions at the end of March.

All the best,
Jaz - Cardiff student rep
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
i applied in the beginning of february and i heard from them a few days back :biggrin: got accepted! and good luck to you!
Original post by nana9602
i applied in the beginning of february and i heard from them a few days back :biggrin: got accepted! and good luck to you!
Congratulations on your offer! Let me know if you have any questions!
Reply 4
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Congratulations on your offer! Let me know if you have any questions!
Thank you^^ i do have a question. I got a conditional offer but there was no information about the conditions. I sent an email to the admissions office already and they said they would respond in 5 working days. I hope there wasnt a mistake though :')
Thank you^^ i do have a question. I got a conditional offer but there was no information about the conditions. I sent an email to the admissions office already and they said they would respond in 5 working days. I hope there wasnt a mistake though :')
Can I ask what course this is? Usually, it will say the range for the conditional offer that you would get - so you have something to go off! Is there any way to see it on UCAS? Otherwise, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait for the email from admissions. In my experience, they're usually quite quick!

All the best,
Reply 6
Original post by CardiffUni Rep
Can I ask what course this is? Usually, it will say the range for the conditional offer that you would get - so you have something to go off! Is there any way to see it on UCAS? Otherwise, I'm sorry but you'll have to wait for the email from admissions. In my experience, they're usually quite quick!
All the best,
English Literature MA. I applied directly through an agency. I’ve had this irrational fear that my offer email was a mistake too haha😭 But yeah i’ll just have to wait for their response. In the mean time can you recommend an en-suite accommodation thats close to where i’ll be studying ? Somewhere it would be easy to make friends :3 thanks for responding again^^
English Literature MA. I applied directly through an agency. I’ve had this irrational fear that my offer email was a mistake too haha😭 But yeah i’ll just have to wait for their response. In the mean time can you recommend an en-suite accommodation thats close to where i’ll be studying ? Somewhere it would be easy to make friends :3 thanks for responding again^^
taly court is closest, 12 min walk
Hi,

I totally understand the paranoia but the best way is definitely to reach out to the university!

Regarding accommodation, if you opt for university accommodation, you can see the en-suite options available here. From this list, I would recommend Talybont Court as it's a quieter option for postgraduate students who might not want to focus too much on freshers. If you opt for private accommodation then I would recommend looking at the West Wing or Howard Gardens depending on budget. If you want to go into a house, there are Facebook groups such as Cardiff Student House Hunters, where you can meet fellow students looking for accommodation. Just proceed with caution when signing contracts with strangers!

I hope this helps!

All the best,

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending