The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Official Swansea University 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LB2305
I have! I’ve received all 5 of my offers :smile:

yayyyyy! 🥳 thats great! have you decided on your firm & insurance yet?
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
yayyyyy! 🥳 thats great! have you decided on your firm & insurance yet?

Thank you! I haven’t yet, I’m waiting to see what offers my boyfriend gets so we can see if we can go to the same Uni. We’re both hoping to go to Swansea as our firm choice. But not sure for my insurance yet! ☺️
Reply 42
https://youtu.be/Ya-DCRWvnrY

Idkk if I want to go anymore :''''')
Original post by Bahaa'
https://youtu.be/Ya-DCRWvnrY

Idkk if I want to go anymore :''''')

what part of the video (time)? Can't watch it right now need to get to sleep
Hi!

I applied last night and received an offer of BBB to study Law. Super happy - it's my second offer but I could certainly see myself going which is a relief if all else fails. Has anyone else received one for Law?
Original post by Mollyk220313
Hi!

I applied last night and received an offer of BBB to study Law. Super happy - it's my second offer but I could certainly see myself going which is a relief if all else fails. Has anyone else received one for Law?

whoah that was quick. I think you're the only one in this thread so far who's supplied for Law.
congrats!!
Original post by Marthaalexanderr
Hey I’m studying psychology, philsophy and biology (predicted A*AB) and have applied for psych at Swansea. Anyone else applying for psychology?

hello, I am studying Psychology, Biology and Philosophy too (what a coincidence not many people take the same subjects). I am going to be applying for psychology at Swansea.
Original post by Freyab19
hello, I am studying Psychology, Biology and Philosophy too (what a coincidence not many people take the same subjects). I am going to be applying for psychology at Swansea.

Haha yeah that is a coincidence, good luck with your application and everything. I got an offer from Swansea a few weeks ago and I think it’ll be my insurance, what’s your first choice?
Original post by Marthaalexanderr
Haha yeah that is a coincidence, good luck with your application and everything. I got an offer from Swansea a few weeks ago and I think it’ll be my insurance, what’s your first choice?

I think I am going to put York as my first choice and Swansea as my insurance - Where else are you applying?
Original post by Freyab19
I think I am going to put York as my first choice and Swansea as my insurance - Where else are you applying?

Exeter, Bristol, Cardiff and Warwick. Heard back from Cardiff and exeter so far
Hi just wondering when r u supposed to apply for accommodation?
Original post by Lolhehe
Hi just wondering when r u supposed to apply for accommodation?

Hey @Lolhehe!

Accommodation applications can be made as soon as you have a Swansea University Student Number. Information on the application process can be found here, and towards the bottom of the page you will see video tutorials which guides you on how to apply :smile:

Hope this helps!
- Mia, Admissions Office :smile:
Hi everyone!

Just wanted to drop in to let you know we're holding a Virtual Undergraduate Open Evening on January 7th. So if you have any burning questions or just fancy breaking up your week with something different, you can sign up here! There will be academics, admissions staff, student ambassadors and more on hand to answer your queries :smile:

- Mia, Admissions Office
I take A level maths, chemistry, biology and Japanese.
I applied for Applied Medical Sciences and received an offer of ABB.
I haven't visited Swansea before!
hii :-)
What course are you applying for? criminology and criminal justice
What subjects are you studying now? sociology, psychology, criminology
Have you visited Swansea before? nope! hopefully i could go there sometime for an open event
Hi everyone! I'm currently in my first year at Swansea (studying chemistry)- if you have any questions about starting at Swansea I'd be happy to try and answer though obviously my experience thus far has been very limited
Original post by MidnightSymphony
Hi everyone! I'm currently in my first year at Swansea (studying chemistry)- if you have any questions about starting at Swansea I'd be happy to try and answer though obviously my experience thus far has been very limited

do you know the earliest time a session starts & the latest it ends? also can you give like, a general summary of how it's gone so far & possibly what you think about it?
thanks
Original post by sumire06
I take A level maths, chemistry, biology and Japanese.
I applied for Applied Medical Sciences and received an offer of ABB.
I haven't visited Swansea before!

Original post by birights
hii :-)
What course are you applying for? criminology and criminal justice
What subjects are you studying now? sociology, psychology, criminology
Have you visited Swansea before? nope! hopefully i could go there sometime for an open event

lol none of us have gone. I'm hoping too. what're looking forward to most about your chosen courses?
Original post by Anonymous
do you know the earliest time a session starts & the latest it ends? also can you give like, a general summary of how it's gone so far & possibly what you think about it?
thanks

Oh damn, sorry, I forgot I replied in this thread. Earliest sessions start at 9 and latest can end at 6 (although I only know of one person who actually has a class running that late, my latest finishes at 5). As for a summary, obviously my experience has been quite a strange one and I can only hope yours is quite different to the 2020-21 experience but for what it's been, it hasn't been terrible, which this year is a big attribute. I do like it there so far, but obviously I've also not really been able to do much of anything and there's a lot of things on campus which look fun and interesting- like the SU bar- and I'd love to be able to tell you they are but I don't actually know. The location is great though, and I've been able to spend time outside because Singleton at least is located across the road from a beach and next to Singleton Park which is enormous and really lovely. Anyway, for what it can be in 2020, I like it and it's going alright. I can go more in-depth on things like the campus and the city if you like given that you haven't been able to visit?
Original post by MidnightSymphony
Oh damn, sorry, I forgot I replied in this thread. Earliest sessions start at 9 and latest can end at 6 (although I only know of one person who actually has a class running that late, my latest finishes at 5). As for a summary, obviously my experience has been quite a strange one and I can only hope yours is quite different to the 2020-21 experience but for what it's been, it hasn't been terrible, which this year is a big attribute. I do like it there so far, but obviously I've also not really been able to do much of anything and there's a lot of things on campus which look fun and interesting- like the SU bar- and I'd love to be able to tell you they are but I don't actually know. The location is great though, and I've been able to spend time outside because Singleton at least is located across the road from a beach and next to Singleton Park which is enormous and really lovely. Anyway, for what it can be in 2020, I like it and it's going alright. I can go more in-depth on things like the campus and the city if you like given that you haven't been able to visit?

yes please!! pretty certain every applicant on this thread hasn’t visited yet so it would be nice to know more

Quick Reply

Latest