The Student Room Group

Early-entry exams help??

Hi! I’m really confused and I realise it’s way too late to request that I take early-entry exams anyway (considering they’re next week), but I’d still like some clarity. It’s my own fault for not checking, but I assumed that they were for students hoping to study Medicine, whereas my desired degree is History. However, a few months ago my teacher recommended that I apply for Oxbridge (Oxford would be my preference), but due to the financial side and also anxiety that I’d struggle to deal with mock exams, a History assessment and the main summer exams, I pushed the idea away. So, I guess my question is: Do early-entry exams just apply to Medical students, can I still take them, and if not, does that mean I have no chance of getting into Oxford? I’m currently targeted A*AA btw. Thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I’m really confused and I realise it’s way too late to request that I take early-entry exams anyway (considering they’re next week), but I’d still like some clarity. It’s my own fault for not checking, but I assumed that they were for students hoping to study Medicine, whereas my desired degree is History. However, a few months ago my teacher recommended that I apply for Oxbridge (Oxford would be my preference), but due to the financial side and also anxiety that I’d struggle to deal with mock exams, a History assessment and the main summer exams, I pushed the idea away. So, I guess my question is: Do early-entry exams just apply to Medical students, can I still take them, and if not, does that mean I have no chance of getting into Oxford? I’m currently targeted A*AA btw. Thanks!

Hi :smile: If you’re applying to Oxford for history then you’ll need to take the HAT (History Admissions Test) exam. Almost all courses at Oxford require an admissions test :yes:
There’s still time to register for it and the test is on the 5th November :biggrin:

More information can be found here: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/undergraduate/applying-to-oxford/tests/hat#

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending