The Student Room Group

Mistake on my provisional license form

The DVLA sent me a form for my provisional license as I didn't have an in date passport, but I made the mistake of writing my own name and details in the section where a second, non related person is supposed to provide their own details. How can I correct this mistake? Can I just cover it with a slip of paper or use correction fluid for example?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by ChrisP02
The DVLA sent me a form for my provisional license as I didn't have an in date passport, but I made the mistake of writing my own name and details in the section where a second, non related person is supposed to provide their own details. How can I correct this mistake? Can I just cover it with a slip of paper or use correction fluid for example?

No, you need to redo the form again, the DVLA will not accept any documents that have been corrected with correction fluid. Plus with the roughly 3 month wait, why risk waiting 3 months for the form just to be sent back :smile:
Reply 2

Hi did you ever get your provisional license as I made the same mistake lol
Do where can I get a new form? I did the same mistake
Reply 4
Original post by Newdriver121
Do where can I get a new form? I did the same mistake

Post Office

I made the same mistake lol but what can I do to fix it I don't want to make a new one
I have just done the same thing, how did you resolve the issue
Original post by immyblock
I have just done the same thing, how did you resolve the issue

Oh don't worry go to post office fill up another form say you made a mistake and send both the forms.
(edited 3 years ago)
thank you, now going to do that :smile:
Did they allow that? I mean do you have to label that you made a mistake on the old form?
Did it work for you?
Original post by _I_need_help_
Did it work for you?

Yes you can make a small statement on a piece of paper telling them where you have made the mistake and send it along with the both form.
Original post by a_secret_agent
Yes you can make a small statement on a piece of paper telling them where you have made the mistake and send it along with the both form.

Ok thank you!!
Just checking again sorry, if I have paid online, would they know that I have if i send the original form too?
Yes in your original form there should be your name and application number so they know that its had yours. You can even track your form.
Original post by a_secret_agent
Yes in your original form there should be your name and application number so they know that its had yours. You can even track your form.

Thank you for your help!
Did it work? I made a mistake on mine and scribbled it out
I done the same i have already paid for it knline but made a mistake so do i need to pay again for a new ine or can i just get one from the post office and send it or will i need to pay agin for that one
Original post by Dappy105
I done the same i have already paid for it knline but made a mistake so do i need to pay again for a new ine or can i just get one from the post office and send it or will i need to pay agin for that one

No you won't have to pay again. Just send a letter detailing your mistake, the new form and the original form all in one post
Can i get that form for free??
Original post by Joshkav
Post Office

Did the driver license form is free tho??

Latest

Trending

Trending