The Student Room Group

HSBC Job Simulation 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by keef99
Is this correct? Can anyone else confirm that there are no numerical questions on the Graduate Job Simulation for the 2021 applications? I would like to know what I should focus more on as I have my test in the next week.

it depends on the division you applied asset management incorporates email summary and critical numerical analysis of the bonds and shares for HSBC job simulation.
Reply 21
Original post by achieve526kk
it depends on the division you applied asset management incorporates email summary and critical numerical analysis of the bonds and shares for HSBC job simulation.

Thanks for your response! Does anyone know whether the job simulation for Commercial Banking will have numerical questions? It hasn't specified on the email i was sent by HSBC.
Reply 22
I don’t suppose you have completed this yet and can answer you own question? / advise what content was in the test?
Reply 23
Hey! I applied for commercial banking and has my job simulation a few days ago. There are no numerical questions. Just requires you to write an email and record a few videos based on a situation with a client and how you would react to that issue. And some other ranked questions . Hope this helps and good luck!
hi do you remember any of the questions?? do lmk thanks
Hi, would like to know is it we need to complete every section within the time that they set for us? Will the time stop after you have done one section?
Original post by keef99
Hey! I applied for commercial banking and has my job simulation a few days ago. There are no numerical questions. Just requires you to write an email and record a few videos based on a situation with a client and how you would react to that issue. And some other ranked questions . Hope this helps and good luck!

Hi, would like to know is it we need to done within the time that they had set for us? And is there any break in between or we need to complete everything one shot?
Original post by bridget_ll
It usually takes them 3 weeks to review job simulations. For 2021 intake they have changed immersive online assessment and job simulation - there are no more numerical questions as part of job simulation, but there are more written ones. If you need help preparing, I would highly recommend you to visit onlinegraduatetest(dot)com

I just checked the web and it costs 98 pounds. Would you like to share your account with me I'll pay you 10 pounds. I really have no money to pay 98 pounds....
Original post by keef99

Hey! Do you by any chance remember the type of situations they have given you. What are the types of questions asked and is the test difficult?
Original post by samanthaywc
Hey! Do you by any chance remember the type of situations they have given you. What are the types of questions asked and is the test difficult?

yea I would like to know too, since other posts gave pretty vague description, I hope that I could find better description..
Original post by keef99

it looks like those are scenario based interview, are those ?
I have found some questions from the internet, below. Are these questions alike with the questions you faced, please enlight us
- what would you do if faced with a task never done before
-what would you do if you made a mistake and no one else noticed
- you are working within a team a two members are constantly arguing what would you do ?
-what would you do if an angry or dissatisfied customer confronted you ?
-Your manager asked you to do something against the company policy, what would you do ?
Original post by MSS1308
I completed the job simulation on Thursday and haven't heard anything yet either

Were they all just situational (competency) questions or were there also questions like ‘why hsbc’ or even ‘why this position’?
Original post by keef99

Were there any questions like ‘why hsbc’ or ‘why this position?’ or were they all just situational questions?
Reply 33
Original post by BTS_biased
Were there any questions like ‘why hsbc’ or ‘why this position?’ or were they all just situational questions?

The questions were based on the situation they gave. I cant really tell you the wuestions because they vary for each role. And its not like they are simple questions like "why HSBC?". They are questions asking how you would speak to a client / what you would do after being given information or a scenario. You cant prepare for it but you can make sure that you are on your A-game when it comes to speaking and writing emails. Being able to work quick is beneficial because the questions have time limits (e.g. 4 minutes to prep and 2 minutes to give recorded answer).
Original post by SSSKKK730
Do you remember what they had asked you to explain in the video questions, I.E what the scenario and action was. I have done many hirevue Interviews before but they do vary. However they seem to be similar/same for all graduate scheme roles, especially if they are scenario based questions.
Also do you remember the structure of the simulation, such as how many questions per section or how many video/ranking/multiple choice questions there are? they usually tell you at the start of the simulation...

dawg just man up and do it without asking what the actual questions were lmao
Reply 35
Original post by keef99

Hi ! i applied for commercial banking too :biggrin: finally i found one people applied in same programme. i got job simulation invitation 2 days ago but i still take a time for preparing myself before do the simulation, a bit nervous by the way. Thank you for sharing your experience above, hope we can pass all the steps. all will be well.
Reply 36
Original post by IBhopeful2000
dawg just man up and do it without asking what the actual questions were lmao

Looool this 💯
Original post by nealnaik
Looool this 💯

like i get dm'ing and offering to trade for something else.
Hey I heard that the answers for JS are tailored based on the scheme that we are applying. Anyone knows what it means ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending