The Student Room Group

HSBC Job Simulation 2021

Scroll to see replies

Hey guys, has anyone applied for the Quantitative Finance Associate or Summer Associate at HSBC?
How do these hirevue interviews even work? Is it fully assessed by some software or are your recording forwarded to someone in the bank to evaluate?
Original post by shinzhao
How do these hirevue interviews even work? Is it fully assessed by some software or are your recording forwarded to someone in the bank to evaluate?

pretty sure someone at the bank reviews the video responses
Reply 123
Original post by shinzhao

It rates your performance and then compares it to other candidates. So the reviewers see you in the form of a rank.
Original post by AMG63s
It rates your performance and then compares it to other candidates. So the reviewers see you in the form of a rank.

Ah, that's interesting. But they still review it by person in the bank, right? That is to say they do watch your recorded videos? It'd be so surprising otherwise. Not that it matters - just curious
(edited 3 years ago)
Does anyone know how much time till we receive a feedback from HSBC after giving the job simulation assessment?
Original post by Sahib2312
Does anyone know how much time till we receive a feedback from HSBC after giving the job simulation assessment?

You do not receive feedback from the job simulation.
has the online assessment change for 2022 intake for the graduate hsbc programmes
Reply 128
Is the Job simulation timed? I joined a application tips event last week and I think they said it's 35 minutes, but others on the thread said it isn't timed

Hey how was the job simulation assessment? Was it difficult and was it recorded?

I just started a thread for 2022, but have you heard back after your job sim yet? I did mine on the 9th?
Original post by finance12345
Hey how was the job simulation assessment? Was it difficult and was it recorded?

I applied for global operations and it wasn’t too hard, was situational mainly and you just have to structure your answers well (some parts video and then more stj)
Original post by rs2869
its not like that, they'll ask you to questions based on information and you have to talk through ur answer. its not as daunting as it seems

I have received one for the wealth and private banking graduate scheme, could you please guide how I could prepare for it? Maybe some advice regarding topics I can research etc
Hello! I am yet to do my online job simulation for Wealth and private banking. Can you please guide how I can prepare for it? I read elsewhere that I should research different stages of on going projects within WPB.
Original post by bridget_ll
It is not timed, but it is better if you complete it as quickly as possible. I don't think that 35 minutes is feasible, especially considering written task(s) and case study analysis.

Also, if you want genuine preparation material you can find more information on online graduate test dot com.

Hello I just read your recommendation of checking out online graduates test dot com. Can you please how helpful the material was? I am open to purchasing it but would like your feedback before doing so
Original post by bridget_ll
I am not sure whether I should talk publicly about it, but materials are identical to real tests - what you see is what you get.

I understand, thanks a ton :smile:
Did u passed the job simulation? How long they took to reply you back on results?
Reply 137
I'm allowed to complete the JSA this week, it is not easy for me, How should I prepare for it ?
I did the Job Sim for wealth management (singapore) exactly 2 weeks ago but got no response yet. Anyone a clue how long it takes them to get back? Or did anyone get a response on their job sim for that position yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending