The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by eibmathsresit
did you get substance A being active transport?

Yh A was active and B diffusion I believe.
Original post by SoleWave
Chlorophyll A, I got 0.55

Same
1.25x10^8 for the No of cells
Original post by sufyahmed
1.25x10^8 for the No of cells

Yes
Original post by marvelm
Yh A was active and B diffusion I believe.

I put that and then I said A could be an alternative mechanism such as co transport
Original post by marvelm
I had no clue so just guessed it will ruin the silica gel but apparently this is why —-> “Do not allow the sides of the paper to touch the sides of the container as that can make the solvent front run crookedly.”

Damn that sounds right I never put that
What did everyone else write for the exhalation 6 marker and respiration 6 marker
Original post by sufyahmed
I put that and then I said A could be an alternative mechanism such as co transport

U can probably mention both
Original post by Mara45
So bad ... most of the questions weren’t even content based and everything seemed just full of practical questions . I fully give up on paper 2

i have noticed that but also I looked at the front of the paper the date was todays date which could mean they have chnaged the paper content a bit for us??? idk its just a guess because i did chemistry and the date was from the 4th of june so they used the papers thta was supposed to be for june series
Last question I got:
surface area
surface area to volume ratio
i forgot
i forgot and then
diffusion pathway ....or summit like that
Reply 70
wait i thought a was diffusion because when conc of substrate increased then uptake of cell also increased meaning it was going down a diffusion gradient but b was active transport because when conc of substrate was low then uptake was really high, unless i got it so wrong which i think i did😭
Reply 71
only question i liked was that last fill in the blanks one at least i know i got 5 marks lol
Reply 72
Original post by SoleWave
Chlorophyll A, I got 0.55

wait was this the one where we had to check which substance it was from the table? oops i got 0.53
The more I think about it the more I think I’ve completely flopped it :frown:
Lower grade boundaries is the only hope. Paper 1 was supposed to be the ‘easyish’ one paper 2 and 3 are so hard to pick marks up on
Same
ngl we cant do anything bout it now lets just focus on paper 2 and 3 to regain some marks. what r u guys aiming for
Original post by Rainsky29
ngl we cant do anything bout it now lets just focus on paper 2 and 3 to regain some marks. what r u guys aiming for

Need to get an A 😬 wby
Reply 78
Original post by ramzinoo
wait i thought a was diffusion because when conc of substrate increased then uptake of cell also increased meaning it was going down a diffusion gradient but b was active transport because when conc of substrate was low then uptake was really high, unless i got it so wrong which i think i did😭

I also wrote the exact same thing, but after reading other people's answers I think that we're probably wrong :frown:
Honestly found that so difficult, hardly any actual content so difficult to know whether you got it right or not. I didn’t even realise the chromatography question was chromatography after the RF values because it didn’t mention paper 😥 STRESSED

Latest

Trending

Trending