The Student Room Group

I don't know what to do

For A-levels, my mum decided for me to do an equivalent in Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Aviation Operations - predicted D*D*D*. I am so confused for my future, I have applied to university for business and management this year but something I was keen on when I was younger was Pharmacy. But when I check the requirements for Pharmacy you need A level Chemistry and Biology etc or Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science, none of which I have done. I don't know what to do would be lovely if someone could help, do i do a Access to HE Diploma in Science? It's really impacting my mental health as well. Thank you
Original post by Anonymous #1
For A-levels, my mum decided for me to do an equivalent in Level 3 BTEC Extended Diploma in Aviation Operations - predicted D*D*D*. I am so confused for my future, I have applied to university for business and management this year but something I was keen on when I was younger was Pharmacy. But when I check the requirements for Pharmacy you need A level Chemistry and Biology etc or Level 3 Extended Diploma in Applied Science, none of which I have done. I don't know what to do would be lovely if someone could help, do i do a Access to HE Diploma in Science? It's really impacting my mental health as well. Thank you
Hello, just a few quick questions, have you discussed this with your parent in the case of making sure you'd picked the right A levels. If you are fixated on doing pharmacy, you could take a gap year, or study in Uni and sit a resit for a level 3 applied science. I think its also important on discussing this with your guardian, university is a costly education and you need to make sure the course you are applying to is something you are sure about. In the case of a resit; you would study during summer and all the way through autumn, winter and sit the exam in spring. Please give me your feedback of what you can do, your not alone!
Reply 2
Original post by private.fds
Hello, just a few quick questions, have you discussed this with your parent in the case of making sure you'd picked the right A levels. If you are fixated on doing pharmacy, you could take a gap year, or study in Uni and sit a resit for a level 3 applied science. I think its also important on discussing this with your guardian, university is a costly education and you need to make sure the course you are applying to is something you are sure about. In the case of a resit; you would study during summer and all the way through autumn, winter and sit the exam in spring. Please give me your feedback of what you can do, your not alone!
Hey! Thank you so much for replying, what do you mean in terms of 'picked the right A levels' because I'm currently doing a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Aviation operations, not applied science. I come from a south asian background so my parents arent that educated on careers etc, they just want to see me doing well and earning
Hey! Thank you so much for replying, what do you mean in terms of 'picked the right A levels' because I'm currently doing a Level 3 Extended Diploma in Aviation operations, not applied science. I come from a south asian background so my parents arent that educated on careers etc, they just want to see me doing well and earning
After completing your Gcse's you supposedly pick the right A levels for the course your interested in for University
Reply 4
Original post by private.fds
After completing your Gcse's you supposedly pick the right A levels for the course your interested in for University
see this is when I was going to pick a levels for pharmacy, but due to circumstances my mum pushed me towards the Level 3 Extended Diploma so I'm doing that currently in year 13 which is equivalent to 3 a levels
see this is when I was going to pick a levels for pharmacy, but due to circumstances my mum pushed me towards the Level 3 Extended Diploma so I'm doing that currently in year 13 which is equivalent to 3 a levels
Do an access to higher education course which is one year and then you can go do pharmacy or another option is do a foundation year
Some unis do pharmacy with a foundation year (a year before your degree for people who didn't get the grades or haven't done chemistry/biology at a level)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending