The Student Room Group

Reapplying for Medicine and Dentistry if you missed the grades.

If I get grades off AAB, A*AB or A*A*B, and wanted to resit my exam I got a B in, would that mean I would have to resit my exam first, then apply on UCAS the following year?
Or can I apply and leave my third subject as pending and apply for Uni? Would I get in or would they need 3 confirmed A-levels? Help me out please.
Reply 1
Original post by ss190000

Or can I apply and leave my third subject as pending and apply for Uni? Would I get in or would they need 3 confirmed A-levels?

You would apply this autumn for 2024 entry, and you must declare all of your achieved grades - including the one that you are resitting - and then add your resit subject as 'pending'. You can usually do the reapplication through your school's UCAS portal, and they will give you a new predicted grades for the resit and provide a reference.

Check that each Uni you apply to will accept resits for Medicine/Dentistry - most will, but you need to check.

Advice on 'What to do if you get 4 Medicine rejections' - - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/university/courses/medicine/what-to-do-if-you-have-four-medicine-rejections

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending