The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Suggestions needed

Hello All, Holding offer for Masters in Cybersecurity from Swansea University or from Nottigham Trent University. Which is the best place(University)in terms of classes and study?(include every other aspect) which can help me in taking a firm decision. Please in need of early assistance.
Original post by Anonymous
Hello All, Holding offer for Masters in Cybersecurity from Swansea University or from Nottigham Trent University. Which is the best place(University)in terms of classes and study?(include every other aspect) which can help me in taking a firm decision. Please in need of early assistance.

I don know anything about this particular course but assume it is run by the Computer Science department. This would be held on the new Bay Campus which opened in 2015. The CS department is housed in the Computation Foundry which also houses Maths. This is a brand new building which opened September 2019 I think. Swansea university has close links to industry with Fijutsi and I believe Microsoft amongst the companies it is closely linked with. For specifics on this course you would be best advised to contact the Department.

Swansea is a smaller city than Nottingham and the Bay Campus is approximately 2 and 1/2 miles out of the city close to junction 42 of the M4. It is basically attached to its own beach. Swansea is a seaside city with a stunning bay and really nice marina. There is currently a new Arena under construction which is due to open in 2021. The city is very small and compact with many major stores like Debenhams, M&S, Primark, Top Shop etc and houses numerous bars and restaurants. It is easy to walk around and according to Complete University guide statistics has one of the lowest crime rates for a city of its size. It had hourly direct train services to London and Manchester and both National Express and Megabus stop here. Megabus stops outside the Bay Campus and I think National Express do as well. It is fairly close to the M4 which goes to London and connects with the M5 for Brirminghma and the North as well as the west country. If at all possible I would recommend a visit. It is currently in lockdown which hopefully be lifted in a month.
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Hi!

Congratulations on your offers to study! If you'd like to get a student's perspective on studying in Swansea I'd recommend having a chat with some of our current students using our Ambassador chat. If you have any specific questions about the course then let me know.

We also have a Postgraduate Virtual Open Day coming up which is a great opportunity to chat to lecturers and other University staff. Hope this helps!

- Mia :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
I don know anything about this particular course but assume it is run by the Computer Science department. This would be held on the new Bay Campus which opened in 2015. The CS department is housed in the Computation Foundry which also houses Maths. This is a brand new building which opened September 2019 I think. Swansea university has close links to industry with Fijutsi and I believe Microsoft amongst the companies it is closely linked with. For specifics on this course you would be best advised to contact the Department.

Swansea is a smaller city than Nottingham and the Bay Campus is approximately 2 and 1/2 miles out of the city close to junction 42 of the M4. It is basically attached to its own beach. Swansea is a seaside city with a stunning bay and really nice marina. There is currently a new Arena under construction which is due to open in 2021. The city is very small and compact with many major stores like Debenhams, M&S, Primark, Top Shop etc and houses numerous bars and restaurants. It is easy to walk around and according to Complete University guide statistics has one of the lowest crime rates for a city of its size. It had hourly direct train services to London and Manchester and both National Express and Megabus stop here. Megabus stops outside the Bay Campus and I think National Express do as well. It is fairly close to the M4 which goes to London and connects with the M5 for Brirminghma and the North as well as the west country. If at all possible I would recommend a visit. It is currently in lockdown which hopefully be lifted in a month.

Thanks for the valuable information!
Reply 4
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Hi!

Congratulations on your offers to study! If you'd like to get a student's perspective on studying in Swansea I'd recommend having a chat with some of our current students using our Ambassador chat. If you have any specific questions about the course then let me know.

We also have a Postgraduate Virtual Open Day coming up which is a great opportunity to chat to lecturers and other University staff. Hope this helps!

- Mia :smile:

That's wonderful! Could you please share useful information on Cybersecurity program of Swansea University. Campus,Growth, study plan, classroom type, pre guidelines specific to course/modules, employability percentage. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
That's wonderful! Could you please share useful information on Cybersecurity program of Swansea University. Campus,Growth, study plan, classroom type, pre guidelines specific to course/modules, employability percentage. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Much of this most here wont know. Contact the Computer Science Department. They can answer these queries. They will know the course best,

I've gathered some information which I hope you'll find useful :smile:

Cyber security is an exciting area of computer science and an area of particular strength in Swansea. At our brand new Computer Science facility, the Computational Foundry, you’ll have access to world class facilities and state-of-the-art computer labs. We have a specific Security research group and a dedicated cyber security lab with isolated network where we are able to work on malware and viruses, penetration testing, hacking, Internet Of Things security and all areas of interest to a 21st century understanding of security.

On our Cyber Security MSc, you will study a total of 180 credits (120 credits taught modules covering areas such as cryptography and network security, for example, and a 60 credit project where you will be supervised by an acknowledged expert in this field).

Modules are assessed in a range of ways, such as presentations, coursework, lab practicals, reports, exams, some modules have exams and others don’t. For more detailed information about assessment, please go to the course page here and scroll down to the modules section. Then select a module code, which is hyperlinked to the module catalogue, where you will find information about the module, including assessment. :smile:

If you have any further questions, I would recommend emailing the team on [email protected] and they will be able to answer your more specific queries there!

- Mia

Quick Reply

Latest