The Student Room Group

English as a foreign language at A-level? (EU potential student questions)

Hi. I am an Estonian student thinking of applying to an UK university next year or perhaps a bit later. I am mostly interested in Criminology, Psychology and Sociology, and would probably prefer a joint programme. Most Estonian national exams *should* be the equivalent of your A-level grades/tests one of the the things I have to look into -, but the question I would like to ask you right now is whether English language as a foreign language should be acceptable as one of the A-level subjects?

For example, one of the universities I like is Cardiff University and specifically its Criminology and Sociology programme. Their webpage says three A-level subjects other than General Studies are required. Other exams I am going to take besides English include History and Mathematics. If English counts, these three should suffice, right?

It's a bit of a headache trying to figure out how everything translates from one system to the other :s-smilie: :smile:. I am eventually going to have to start emailing or calling specific universities, but I am trying to get a general idea first.

Many thanks.
Reply 1
you're better off emailing the unis...

Latest

Trending

Trending