The Student Room Group

I can’t stop replaying embarrassing moments.

I literally cannot stop thinking of embarrassing things that have happened to me to the point I’ll stay in my room all day and want to cry. For example it’s always little things like I accidentally slightly tripped when walking home from college and people were behind me, I don’t know if they saw because they were talking to each other so I’m trying to convince myself they didn’t and even if they did they probs wouldn’t have thought anything of it but in the back of my head I feel like they could be making fun of me. And on the bus I had to stand up and go down the stairs to get off because I was at the top and I felt rushed because someone was behind me so I walked close to the door and I feel like I walked up far too early and I literally was so close to the door I nearly hit it🤦🏽*♀️My friends say “no one even stares at people on the bus they just talk to their friends and mind their business” but this boy even was like to me today “was you on the bus yesterday I think I saw you at the front I was gonna say hi” but now I feel like I’ve probs embarrassed myself some how & people would have seen...it sounds silly but little things like this I HATE myself for coz why am I so stupid I’m actually so socially awkward. Even in my lesson I was stuttering when the teacher asked me to read a question and I feel like everyone judges me, I mean I could go on and on about all the things that have happened but it would be even longer than this already is. Sorry to waffle but I just need some1 to tell and I don’t want a doctor or therapy because my parents don’t believe in it.
Original post by Anonymous
I literally cannot stop thinking of embarrassing things that have happened to me to the point I’ll stay in my room all day and want to cry. For example it’s always little things like I accidentally slightly tripped when walking home from college and people were behind me, I don’t know if they saw because they were talking to each other so I’m trying to convince myself they didn’t and even if they did they probs wouldn’t have thought anything of it but in the back of my head I feel like they could be making fun of me. And on the bus I had to stand up and go down the stairs to get off because I was at the top and I felt rushed because someone was behind me so I walked close to the door and I feel like I walked up far too early and I literally was so close to the door I nearly hit it🤦🏽*♀️My friends say “no one even stares at people on the bus they just talk to their friends and mind their business” but this boy even was like to me today “was you on the bus yesterday I think I saw you at the front I was gonna say hi” but now I feel like I’ve probs embarrassed myself some how & people would have seen...it sounds silly but little things like this I HATE myself for coz why am I so stupid I’m actually so socially awkward. Even in my lesson I was stuttering when the teacher asked me to read a question and I feel like everyone judges me, I mean I could go on and on about all the things that have happened but it would be even longer than this already is. Sorry to waffle but I just need some1 to tell and I don’t want a doctor or therapy because my parents don’t believe in it.

What can anyone say to this. What you're describing everyone experiences to some degree. Most of us find peace in the fact that hardly anyone else ever notices these events because they're all wrapped up in their own stuff. Equally you can clown it out. Take a trip? Turn it into a dance move then bow to the nearest person.
But, if it's having a detrimental effect on your life then some help can be useful. Therapists can be wonderful, but if you (rather than your parents) don't want to take that path then some self help stuff can help. Mindfulness, meditation, yoga or even a good book.
Reply 2
no one is thinking about you as much as you’re thinking about you. :smile: even if they witnessed an ‘embarrassing’ moment they forget about it two seconds later and go on worrying about themselves, so you don’t need to dwell on it. no one is judging you for tripping. people trip. it happens.

i sometimes have physical symptoms speaking in front of people cuz i have generalised anxiety; but it’s normal to be anxious in public speaking. it’s the biggest phobia as proven by statistics. don’t worry. unless you’re worried you need additional help?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending