The Student Room Group

Pharmacy

Hello my parents really want me to become to a pharmacist and I kinda don't really have a choice but to follow what they want even though I don't really have what it takes to become a pharmacist but I'll try my hardest anyways I'm applying for college courses at the moment what courses should I do to become a pharmacist is t level laboratory science relevant to becoming a pharmacist some advice would be greatly appreciated
Original post by Sabz189
Hello my parents really want me to become to a pharmacist and I kinda don't really have a choice but to follow what they want even though I don't really have what it takes to become a pharmacist but I'll try my hardest anyways I'm applying for college courses at the moment what courses should I do to become a pharmacist is t level laboratory science relevant to becoming a pharmacist some advice would be greatly appreciated

Check out the pharmacy applicants 2023 thread here.

And check out some useful resources for an MPharm PS and interviews here.

Hope this helps! :smile:
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Sabz189

bro same except i decided to try go in pharmacy because i had to choose something inevitably. 6 months late but yeah im in t level lab and it feels less stressful/impossible than A-level biochem but we'll see my take after the exam performances lmfao. you can get into pharma and more unis are accepting t levels now i think theres a list on gov website
Reply 3
Original post by brickwallgoesbrr
bro same except i decided to try go in pharmacy because i had to choose something inevitably. 6 months late but yeah im in t level lab and it feels less stressful/impossible than A-level biochem but we'll see my take after the exam performances lmfao. you can get into pharma and more unis are accepting t levels now i think theres a list on gov website

Couldn't do the course cuz I failed my math gcse😭 now I'm stuck doing classical civilisation sociology and criminology
I'm ****ed
Original post by Sabz189
Couldn't do the course cuz I failed my math gcse😭 now I'm stuck doing classical civilisation sociology and criminology
I'm ****ed

Just do another degree course. You didn't even have an interest in being a pharmacist so see this as a blessing in disguise allowing you to pursue what you want instead of selling your life down the river to please your parents (who I suspect if they're the types to impose upon you a specific course and career, are the types to never be pleased with anything you do in your life anyway - so the sooner you stop doing stuff for them and start doing it for yourself, the better).
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 5
Original post by artful_lounger
Just do another degree course. You didn't even have an interest in being a pharmacist so see this as a blessing in disguise allowing you to pursue what you want instead of selling your life down the river to please your parents (who I suspect if they're the types to impose upon you a specific course and career, are the types to never be pleased with anything you do in your life anyway - so the sooner you stop doing stuff for them and start doing it for yourself, the better).

Ironically I have grown an interest in healthcare now lol
Original post by Sabz189
Ironically I have grown an interest in healthcare now lol

Did you "grow" an interest in healthcare or did you purposefully convince yourself of that to suit your parent's wishes though?

Quick Reply

Latest