The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by noturhabibti
i said a lot, not all

You still made a false assumption about millions of people based solely on the colour of their skin, that is racist.

Why do you feel it is acceptable to be racist to white people?
Original post by Anonymous
You're actually a simpleton if you think white privilege isn't a thing. Just accept that you're privileged and you can use that to help out minorities.

It’s for course rep and I’m not. Privilege based on skin colour doesn’t exist. I can’t tel you how many scholarships I applied for but got turned down as I’m not black
Original post by Imhere2help
Lol I was just about to put QMUL as my firm for next year... Nvm I guess

Please don’t I firmed it and regret it. Unless your a black Muslim they’ll never accept you.
WLM
Excuse me that’s not why I made it. I want to know why it’s okay for people to constantly ignore and and make jokes about me because I’m not black or Muslim

Original post by Mr T 999
No that's not what I'm saying. It's more to do with demand, there's no demand from this black Muslim community to be represented by a white non Muslim, they want someone like them. What's wrong with that?

Black struggles:facing discrimination, ancestors being used as slaves and general black culture is different from white culture. Its hard for a white person to understand the issues they face.

So if that's the case why did you ask how the OP would feel if a black person wanted to represent the 2white community and state that they wouldnt be relatable then? You do know white people have been slaves and have been discriminated against? Just look at what happened with the grooming gang victims for one example, predominately white.
Please don’t I firmed it and regret it. Unless you're a black Muslim they’ll never accept you.

I am black but I just don't like racism at all.
i do actually agree with you there, the media always shows the black crime and makes it seem like london is the hub of young black people. but, i didn't say they all get intimidated but most white people definitely do. i can assume OP feels intimidated surrounded by BAME people

The general point I was making myself is that people especially these days are so used to be told about racist white people they get sensitive about things.

At what point do we either outright ignore it or take even the slightest worry about it.

It will or already has ended up with people especially white having assumptions made about them, but non white people who have the same assumptions about white and other non white races given a free pass.

Its why for example I talk about someone who is just a bigot to everyone, normally if they are male each ism is seperated i.e sexist, racist, homophobic and then people focus on the fact the bigot is male, that in itself is bigoted as they assume he is so because of his gender rather than just being a nasty piece of work.

I myself see everyone and everything as individual, but that also doesn't mean for example I can't have issues with say one that has happened many times a gay person, I have known quite a few who play up the camp/queen aspect and will be so loud everyone hears them, makes comments sexual or otherwise that if a straight man said would at least get him kicked out of a bar or workplace, but often even into a physical fight but get away with it, and if someone has a problem they get told "you don't like me because I am gay" they are using at as armour and ammo to get away with things.

Just as because I grew up with actual disadvantage I can speak about it, but even at school I was called "privildged" purely because of my race and gender, and 9 times out of 10 if not 10 out of 10 by people with actual priviledge as they didn't see what they had themselves just what others were assumed to have. I clearly remember then and even more now being told that any failures I have had in life deserved no sympathy and were just excuses and I just need to work harder, yet any a female/non white/gay etc person had were all real even if they had a relative excellent lifestyle but they thought they deserved better.

I see it on this thread itself that the OP has already been given nasty comments about their race that if the comments were about a non white race would be abuse.
Original post by Mahmoud Magdy
WLM

Don’t bring politics into my thread please
Original post by DiddyDec
You still made a false assumption about millions of people based solely on the colour of their skin, that is racist.

i most definitely do NOT think that it is acceptable to be racist to white people. i literally have said multiple times that i feel bad for OP and i believe in double standards. i did not make a false assumption because some white people have clearly admitted that they feel more intimidated around black people than white people

There's no such thing as reverse racism.
i dont see how im patronising you, i'm apologising that you feel this way, i do feel bad for you

The Priti Patel apology, don't actually apologise for your actions but blame the other person.
There's no such thing as reverse racism.

You can't be racist against white people.
why do ppl post if theyre not gonna help OP :facepalm:
Because it’s a double standard

It's not a double standard. Martin Luther King was a black man. He represented black people. It was about how white & black people can integrate. Of course it'd be silly if a white person said that speech when the whole thing was about white people?
I’ve mentioned it several times!

Then that's odd tbh it doesn't make sense. A course rep should be from any background. If the engineering course is full of black Muslim people maybe they feel more represented by someone who is similar to them? Have you spoken to the SU about this situation?
but you dont represent their struggles hun

oh im so sorry, your case is upsetting and im sorry that you're going through this but please remember that not being white makes me feel like i'll never be accepted in the whole of the UK. i'm sure other non-whites can agree

What struggles are they?
Original post by DiddyDec
Ignore the troll.

I'm not a troll lmfao just because I'm saying it like it is?
i most definitely do NOT think that it is acceptable to be racist to white people. i literally have said multiple times that i feel bad for OP and i believe in double standards. i did not make a false assumption because some white people have clearly admitted that they feel more intimidated around black people than white people

So because some say that feel uncomfortable that must mean a lot? Some Muslims are terrorists does that mean a lot of them are?

Don't make racist assumptions based on tiny fractions.
Original post by Medi-cry
why do ppl post if theyre not gonna help OP :facepalm:

Idk this thread has made me cry. I didn’t make it to be insulted and called a privileged racist. I asked for help.
It's not a double standard. Martin Luther King was a black man. He represented black people. It was about how white & black people can integrate. Of course it'd be silly if a white person said that speech when the whole thing was about white people?

It was like I have a dream everyone will vote for me and I dream everyone will get a first and I dream everyone will be imposter on among us. That’s just rude to MLK jr

Latest

Trending

Trending