The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Production or Study?
Reply 2
What sort of specific jobs would you go into for Production and the same question for Study?

Thank you.
Reply 3
MaxWood
What sort of specific jobs would you go into for Production and the same question for Study?

Thank you.

Study is more for written/theoretical, for those jobs such as working as a researcher within the industry, a film critic/journalist, or going into further academics.

Production is for practical jobs; directing, camera operation, post-production, sound technician, lighting etc.
:smile:
Reply 4
I would definately have to say Production. :smile:
Reply 5
MaxWood
I would definately have to say Production. :smile:

Ah, well, personally, I'd suggest my university, UCLan. They do a BA (Hons) Film Production course (of which I've taken a fair few modules over the years because the course is fairly linked to my own), of high quality and with excellent facilities. Something to look into.
If you've got any specific questions about the course I'll do my best to answer them. :smile:
Further afield (I know you said you preferred to be close to Manchester), you could look into Bournemouth (AIB).
Reply 6
And how many graduates go into jobs at the end of the course at UCLan? Am I going to get a job at the end of it?
Reply 7
MaxWood
And how many graduates go into jobs at the end of the course? Am I going to get a job at the end of it?

Obviously there's no guarantee on that. It'd be impossible to say; it's a VERY difficult industry to get into, and there'll be very little chance of job security.
Overall, UCLan has a graduate employment/further study rate of 95%; but obviously how many graduates from the Film Production course get their relevant jobs easily varies immensely each year - similarly, the film industry is so varied that it really depends what you want to do. I wouldn't want to put a figure on it.
The university has great networking links, though, and a centre of employment, with plenty of opportunities to make yourself as employable as possible. I'm afraid I don't have enough information about graduate destinations of Film Production graduates though, being on the Television Production course myself.
Reply 8
Falmouth is quite good for arty/filmy/media-y things. Also Brighton and I hear it's got good links for future careers. Neither are near Manchester though. :smile:
Reply 9
i'm doing film production tech here at staffs :smile: one of only a few uni's where Envy post like to source grads from
Glamorgans course looks really good to me, or Hertfordshires but I dunno personally
Reply 11
leeds met have an ace film school. for production and study. i do film & tv production which is cool and if u want to u can go right through from foundation to BA to Masters. plus it aint that far from manchester either!!

Latest

Trending

Trending