The Student Room Group

Swapping A Levels a month into the course

So it’s been a month into A Levels and I dropped business a few weeks ago as the course was too crowded and no work was being done (it was for the best). I’m wanting to do law for university so I picked up criminology, only to later find out that most universities do not recognise it as it is an A Level Diploma instead. This has left me wanting to change again, but my options are only Film Studies. While this is an actual A Level, it obviously won’t be preferred by universities (especially if I’m wanting to get into law).

I’m currently studying English Literature and History as well, which I know are preferred, and I am confident that I can do well in these subjects. Will swapping into Film Studies disadvantage me more going forwards than Criminology?
Reply 1
which unis are you potentially looking at? might be worth emailing/calling their admissions team and asking about it.
Original post by TazmeenX
which unis are you potentially looking at? might be worth emailing/calling their admissions team and asking about it.

I’ve emailed around already but haven’t got any responses, plus my sixth form are pressuring me to make the swap as soon as possible so I’ve only been able to look at their limited (and vague) preferences :frown:
Original post by WilliamEllard173
I’ve emailed around already but haven’t got any responses, plus my sixth form are pressuring me to make the swap as soon as possible so I’ve only been able to look at their limited (and vague) preferences :frown:

If you want a quick reply ring the universities and discuss it. That way you you will get an immediate response rather than waiting for an email reply.

I do not believe most universities wont accept WJEC level 3 criminology although some top universities dont. These include UCL and Bristol for most of its courses.

Film studies is normally a non preferred subject and is accepted as a 3rd subject providing you have 2 preferred subjects which you do in English and History so taking it wont affect you in most universities.

Quick Reply

Latest