The Student Room Group

Can you become a lawyer with a conviction

Hi, I've recently been involved in a car crash and am likely to be convicted for driving without due care and attention. As a law student, what are my chances for being able to be a solicitor with that conviction?
Reply 1
you will need to do a criminal records disclosure. and i would say that if you are convicted it will show up. the legal profession in highly competitive so i would say it will have a strong bearing on your chances of a training contract.
Reply 2
Is there a chance you might get a police caution instead of it going to court and getting an actual criminal conviction? Depends circumstances on how likely that is - were other people/property/vehicles involved, had you been drinking/used drugs, were you admitted to hospital, etc? May be worth getting a local criminal law firm known to local police to sound them out for you
Reply 3
Is there a chance you might get a police caution instead of it going to court and getting an actual criminal conviction? Depends circumstances on how likely that is - were other people/property/vehicles involved, had you been drinking/used drugs, were you admitted to hospital, etc? May be worth getting a local criminal law firm known to local police to sound them out for you
Reply 4
I have a sexual conviction can I join the bar
SRA let’s anybody in. You’ll be fine.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending