The Student Room Group

A-level English Literature Study Club: A Streetcar Named Desire

Hi everyone :smile:

I thought it might be fun to make a mini study club for everyone who's studying A Streetcar Named Desire as part of their A-level English Literature course. :cute:

This would be a great place to discuss the themes and characters of the text, and share useful study resources that you've come across. :smile:

To kick off, why not let us know what you find interesting about the text ? Perhaps you have a favourite character (mine's Stella!), or a quote that really stands out to you?

Good luck and happy studying everyone :biggrin:

Useful Resources
SparkNotes
Hodder Study Guide
(edited 5 months ago)

Scroll to see replies

@Hawraaaaaaaaaaaa @Helloitsjess @staticsocks @waffelton I think you're all studying this text? :smile:
Original post by Pwca
@Hawraaaaaaaaaaaa @Helloitsjess @staticsocks @waffelton I think you're all studying this text? :smile:

hi! i think i'll be doing this text later on in the year or even in year 13? im currently studying a doll's house and dracula though- if anyone else is doing that a similar study group could be helpful?
Reply 3
this is an ib resource, but I find it so helpful!

http://mrhoyesibwebsite.com

go into drama > streetcar

lots of work on themes etc
Reply 4
hi guys! i’m writing my english NEA about how women are presented in Streetcar and Gatsby and i need to include a bit about authorial intent. my point is that women are presented as single faceted/ one dimentional, but why? why does williams bother create the charater of stella to be presented as a women who is blindly in love, following society? like what is the function of Stella's charater in all of this? why is it significant???

(i have the same question about gatsby, and why daisy?)
Reply 5
Original post by eenie_49
hi guys! i’m writing my english NEA about how women are presented in Streetcar and Gatsby and i need to include a bit about authorial intent. my point is that women are presented as single faceted/ one dimentional, but why? why does williams bother create the charater of stella to be presented as a women who is blindly in love, following society? like what is the function of Stella's charater in all of this? why is it significant???

(i have the same question about gatsby, and why daisy?)

Hi I am at the start of writing my NEA for English Lit, but am struggling a bit on the gathering of research. Any tips???????
Reply 6
Original post by jacann18
Hi I am at the start of writing my NEA for English Lit, but am struggling a bit on the gathering of research. Any tips???????

Nice to meet someone else doing streetcar for their NEA!! also what do you mean by research?? do you mean like historical context(AO3)? or interpretations of the book? or…?
Reply 7
How are you finding your interpretations? I am doing Streetcar for a level but not for NEA. I am doing Dr Faustus which was the one we had to do and The Kite Runner was my choice to compare it to! Have you read either of those books???
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 8
How are you finding your interpretations? I am doing Streetcar for a level but not for NEA. I am doing Dr Faustus which was the one we had to do and The Kite Runner was my choice to compare it to! Have you read either of those books???

ahhh okay u confused me 😅 what i gather is
a level text: streetcar
nea texts: faustus and kite runner

i am doing dr faustus for a levels and streetcar for my nea! two texts in common woo! which book is your the question about? 😅

for streetcar i use online resources. for faustus, which text version are you doing A or B?
Reply 9
I am doing Dr Faustus text B, which one are u doing????
Reply 10
I am doing Dr Faustus text B, which one are u doing????

i’m doing text A !!
If anyone needs any help with streetcar let me know I did a different exam board but have some notes/tips written down from when I did my exams
Reply 12
Yeah, help would be nice. I am trying to revise it for my mocks and not sure where to start. What notes have u made on it???
Give me a PM and I can help more with the little bits
Reply 14
Okay thanks, that would be great. :smile:
Awesome and good luck with ur mocks as well btw
Just to say if there are any good resources for this text that any of you find then pop the links in here and I'll add them to the OP so everyone can access them :smile:
Reply 17
Original post by ebyrne2036
If anyone needs any help with streetcar let me know I did a different exam board but have some notes/tips written down from when I did my exams

do u mind sharing ur notes
Original post by IMABUFF
do u mind sharing ur notes

If u dm yes
Reply 19
Original post by ebyrne2036
If u dm yes

hey it wont let me dm you

Alternatively here is my 3m41l manaal shahid 09 at 0utl00k d0t c0m

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending