The Student Room Group

english literature nea - charles baudelaire ?

since he's a french poet and not an english poet, i assume i'm not allowed to use his poetry or any of the translations for my lit NEA - is this true?
(edited 6 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by iriedo
since he's a french poet and not an english poet, i assume i'm not allowed to use his poetry or any of the translations for my lit NEA - is this true?

I’m almost completely sure it has to be someone who originally writes in English, so he would not be allowed.
Original post by iriedo

Are you with AQA? Their spec says 'texts chosen for study may include texts in translation that have been influential and
significant in the development of literature in English. The translated text should be treated as the original writer's own words for assessment purposes. Therefore, schools and colleges should ensure that they use a version recognised by academia as being a high quality translation which supports the original author's writing appropriately.'

I think it would be worth checking with your teacher because it sounds like it may be allowed :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Pwca
Are you with AQA? Their spec says 'texts chosen for study may include texts in translation that have been influential and
significant in the development of literature in English. The translated text should be treated as the original writer's own words for assessment purposes. Therefore, schools and colleges should ensure that they use a version recognised by academia as being a high quality translation which supports the original author's writing appropriately.'

I think it would be worth checking with your teacher because it sounds like it may be allowed :smile:

i'm unsure because that's stated on english literature a, while i'm on english literature b. i think ill have to ask to know for sure though, thanks for your help :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending