The Student Room Group
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website

NCH Essay competition 2021

Scroll to see replies

Original post by ThatGirlWithAFro
I think last year, there were around 350 shortlisted people.

Per subject or overall?
New College of the Humanities
Northeastern University London
Visit website
Original post by SiennaEveKelly
Per subject or overall?

Overall.
Original post by KittyRose88
you are in the running for a prize :smile:

now that’s a relief to hear haha!! i got shortlisted for History 🥳
I was shortlisted!!! Did anyone here also do Philosophy?
congratulations to everyone who entered! whether you were shortlisted or not, entering the competition is a great achievement itself 🌿
have a lovely day everyone 😊
Reply 65
I got in for psychology but I'm pretty confused because I didn't even finish the Essay? I submitted the draft with all my notes still on it so...?
Reply 66
also does anyone know any other competitions like this? I would really like to give it another try:smile: For English and psychology in particular. Thank yous
Original post by fairyFa
I got in for psychology but I'm pretty confused because I didn't even finish the Essay? I submitted the draft with all my notes still on it so...?

Wow I feel like they just shortlisted everyone lmao 😭
Reply 68
Original post by Anonymous

no literally I have no idea how mine passed through.
I didn't get shortlisted for English but I was not expecting to tbh.
Original post by sophieerayner
I didn't get shortlisted for English but I was not expecting to tbh.

Do you do literature or creative writing?
does it say ‘congratulations you’ve been shortlisted’ for everyone or does it say something else if you’re in for a prize?
does it say ‘congratulations you’ve been shortlisted’ for everyone or does it say something else if you’re in for a prize?

It says:
Congratulations, we are delighted to tell you that your essay has been shortlisted in our essay competition!

It says:

Congratulations, we are delighted to tell you that your essay has been shortlisted in our essay competition!

We received over 6,000 essay entries, so to reach this stage is a great achievement.

Our judging panel have been very impressed with the extremely high standard of essays we have received, and recognise all the hard work that you have put into your essay.

The winning essays will be announced by the end of June.

at least 10 people, including myself, were shortlisted from my school, maybe they increased the number of people they shortlisted this year.
It says:

We received over 6,000 essay entries, so to reach this stage is a great achievement.

Our judging panel have been very impressed with the extremely high standard of essays we have received, and recognise all the hard work that you have put into your essay.

The winning essays will be announced by the end of June.

thanks so much!! mine says the same . someone said the email was different if one had a chance at winning so i was confused haha
Original post by SiennaEveKelly
Do you do literature or creative writing?

I did Literature.
Original post by ArtHistoryFairy
at least 10 people, including myself, were shortlisted from my school, maybe they increased the number of people they shortlisted this year.

What topics did they do?? I am the only one from my school who entered as far as I know haha
Did anyone else do creative writing? If so what was your story about, I’m curious? :smile:
Original post by ezzywritesbadly
What topics did they do?? I am the only one from my school who entered as far as I know haha

i think the most popular subjects were history, economics and politics, hope this helps 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending