The Student Room Group

How competitive is UCL Law?

Hey There

I am looking to apply to UCL to study law for entry in 2021.

My grades are:
GCSE:8777766555
A Level Predicted: A*AA + A/A* (EPQ)

With a decent LNAT score, could I get into UCL to study law even with my average GCSE grades?
Original post by Keir Starmer
Hey There

My grades are:

With a decent LNAT score, could I get into UCL to study law even with my average GCSE grades?

Your gcses should be fine as long as you have English & Maths at grade 6 and preferably a foreign language at grade 5? You would have a decent chance of getting accepted but no guarantees as there have been people applying with all of the above who still got rejected by UCL. That's why it is important to have more than one uni that you are aiming for
Original post by harrysbar
Your gcses should be fine as long as you have English & Maths at grade 6 and preferably a foreign language at grade 5? You would have a decent chance of getting accepted but no guarantees as there have been people applying with all of the above who still got rejected by UCL. That's why it is important to have more than one uni that you are aiming for

Could the same be said for KCL or is that more competitive than UCL?
Could the same be said for KCL or is that more competitive than UCL?

If anything UCL is more competitive so the same could be said for KCL
Original post by harrysbar
If anything UCL is more competitive so the same could be said for KCL

What sort of LNAT score would I need to get into either uni?
What sort of LNAT score would I need to get into either uni?

See point 5

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6160930
Yeah UCL is competitive. I assume you have at least a 6 in English Lang and maths, but from now focus on the LNAT. They’re big on the essay, they say on their website that most applicants have at least 22 so while they do still put a lot of emphasis on the MCQ, the essay is so much bigger.

I got 23 (When 23 was the average) last year and got an offer, and I got 29 this year (When the average was 21.5 I think) and got an offer - for all it’s worth.
Original post by Euphoria101
Yeah UCL is competitive. I assume you have at least a 6 in English Lang and maths, but from now focus on the LNAT. They’re big on the essay, they say on their website that most applicants have at least 22 so while they do still put a lot of emphasis on the MCQ, the essay is so much bigger.

I got 23 (When 23 was the average) last year and got an offer, and I got 29 this year (When the average was 21.5 I think) and got an offer - for all it’s worth.

What is the best way to 'revise' the LNAT score?? I have a big book with a load of practice questions, do I just do those to get a good score?
Reply 8
did you get in? my gcses are similar and I want to study law at UCL
Original post by username4406810
Hey There

My grades are:

(edited 6 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending