The Student Room Group

reset password?...

i just checked my mail and i received something from tsr that said 'as requested, your password has now been reset. your new details are as follows.....'
and it gave a bunch of random numbers! and then it turns out that is my new password! but er... i never requested a new password!
im really confused... is someone hacking into my account?
Reply 1
mangomaz
i just checked my mail and i received something from tsr that said 'as requested, your password has now been reset. your new details are as follows.....'
and it gave a bunch of random numbers! and then it turns out that is my new password! but er... i never requested a new password!
im really confused... is someone hacking into my account?

see the about forum
Reply 2
ermmmm well i had to reset my password other wise it wouldt let me on..........

looks like tsr is messing up again
Reply 3
That's happened to almost everyone on TRS apparently :smile:
I had to reset mine as well.
Reply 5
I am unaware of what e-mail address I put down 19 months ago when I signed up - I haven't used it since. As such, it appears that I can't use my old account again. :frown:

I've had so many clones that it's virtually impossible to sign up a new name vaguely similar to my old one to merge with. I suppose I'll stick with this one.

(Mr White)
Reply 6
happened 2 me aswell. but everytime i come on here i have to enter the password which is really annoying cos the new password is long and i cant remember it!!!
Reply 7
that's happened to me except i've changed my e-mail recently and i forgot to update my details. I'll have to speak to a mod. I've had to create a new username as a result.
Reply 8
Vishpatel
happened 2 me aswell. but everytime i come on here i have to enter the password which is really annoying cos the new password is long and i cant remember it!!!

hey where in chingford are you? i'm basically north chingford, small world :smile:
Reply 9
yeah me too. I just checked my email and I found that my password was changed even though i didnt ask for it.
yup me too. Maybe they reset everything. Had a clear out or whatever. As for the password thing you can change to something more memorable if you click on user CP (....I think...) :confused:

Latest

Trending

Trending