The Student Room Group
Reply 1
how did u apply there?
Reply 2
There's never jobs in going in PCWorld near me.
Reply 3
When I applied I did it online and there was a wee test on there!, Oh and in the interview there was a little test which was fairly easy, basically they ask you a number of questions such as "When have you ever had to deal with a customer who was giving you attitude?" or "When have you ever been praised/told off for your work?" and I even had one like "When was the last time you felt under alot of pressure and how did you cope?".
They basically want as good an answer as you can give! Its not multiple choice like the ones at supermarkets, just remember they rate you on your responses on a scale from 1-10 or 1-8 but yeah I'm sure you'll do fine!
Easy paper based thing when I went along. I regretted taking up the job however.
Reply 5
The Hitchhiker
Easy paper based thing when I went along. I regretted taking up the job however.

Any reason why?
Reply 6
Every time I've ever been in PC World I've been given the hard-sell by their employees. I know what I want, and I don't need any upgrades or warranties. Please don't be like that!
Reply 7
philjw
Every time I've ever been in PC World I've been given the hard-sell by their employees. I know what I want, and I don't need any upgrades or warranties. Please don't be like that!

Haha thats what you get for stepping inside PC World!, employees have to do that otherwise they get a right earful from the managers!, Same with the sales targets they have to meet all require selling 'extras' and im sure the salesman hate it as much as you :P
Lol, the funny thing is whenever I enquire about a certain part of a PC, most of the ones I've seen don't have a clue what they're on about :p:
Reply 9
Well right now I'm applying for the security guard position...
Reply 10
Well that shouldn't be too bad :P it's the stress for the salesman role can get abit annoying in a long term job!
Ah, that's not too bad. Hopefully, I will get it then. :biggrin:

Oh, yeah. Should I wear a shirt and tie to this interview?
Reply 12
I study a national diploma for IT at college and cant get a job at pc world...
Reply 13
~style
Well right now I'm applying for the security guard position...

in da pc world?
thanks this was helpful... any other tips would be nice

Latest

Trending

Trending