The Student Room Group

Currys PC World JOB INTERVIEW TO UNI STUDENT!!

Hello everyone!

I applied for Currys pc world 6 days ago, after 2 days, I got a message on the website saying that I've gone through a "telephone interview". I still haven't got a phone call yet, but I wanted to ask that what kind of questions do they ask within the phone interview?

Second question was that i'm going to be a university student starting on the 20th of September studying computer science meaning that my schedule will be quite filled up.

Monday's I'm in uni till 11am, Tuesdays I finish at 4pm, Wednesday I finish at 1pm, Thursday Friday im
busy practically all day, and obviously I've got Saturday Sunday off.

I'm looking to do 20 hours per week, and I want this job very very bad. But I'm not sure what days I should work, and don't know how I would fit my studying time in. I'm not even sure how I'll be able to explain this to the hiring manager without getting rejected in the telephone interview.

What should I do in this situation?
Original post by B00ts&C4ts
Hello everyone!

I applied for Currys pc world 6 days ago, after 2 days, I got a message on the website saying that I've gone through a "telephone interview". I still haven't got a phone call yet, but I wanted to ask that what kind of questions do they ask within the phone interview?

Second question was that i'm going to be a university student starting on the 20th of September studying computer science meaning that my schedule will be quite filled up.

Monday's I'm in uni till 11am, Tuesdays I finish at 4pm, Wednesday I finish at 1pm, Thursday Friday im
busy practically all day, and obviously I've got Saturday Sunday off.

I'm looking to do 20 hours per week, and I want this job very very bad. But I'm not sure what days I should work, and don't know how I would fit my studying time in. I'm not even sure how I'll be able to explain this to the hiring manager without getting rejected in the telephone interview.

What should I do in this situation?

Just be upfront and say you’re a student and you want to work on the side whilst studying. See how it goes from there. I think you should (now that you know your uni schedule) write down the times you’re available for work and go from there. I was in this position too but I got through it and thought it was stressful handling both you can do it. You said you finish uni at 11am on Monday and wednesdays you finish at 1pm and then tuesdays at 4pm maybe for that day you can get a four hour shift in the evening and then do 8 and 8 on Monday and wednesdays or something since you finish earlier on those days and then even work a Saturday or Sunday which I’m sure they’d appreciate more especially if they’re busy on those particular days.
Reply 2
Original post by JustRoaming
write down the times you’re available for work and go from there

Do you think that I should tell them that "I'm a student and want to do work on the side" in the phone interview, then on the final interview, I write it down and show it to them? How should I go about it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending