The Student Room Group

Domestic Violence!

Hi,
For my 3rd year dissertation I am interested in the topic domestic violence...I have tried to narrow it down and be more specific the following are what i came i up with...

children that witness domestic violence become abusers later in life,
the effects of domestic violence on asian culture,
attitudes towards domestic violence,
domestic violence and its impact on children.

The question I would like to ask is does anyone have any ideas as to how would I carry these out as I am intending on doing a Quantitative project? I understand that I would have to distribute a questionnaire to measure the one about Attitudes but I am stuck as to how I would investigate the others if i was to do one of them. If someone could give me some kind of an idea it would be much appreciated, thank you.
Tbh I think it would be incredibly difficult to do a dissertation on this, due to the confidentiality issues about domestic violence and everything... Best person to ask would be your supervisor/lecturer who does the most similar kinds of topics
Reply 2
Yeah I agree with KT. If you were just writing an essay on the literature out there it would be different, but this kind of information is very difficult to get hold of. Have a look at books on domestic violence in your uni library and see what studies there are in that. Otherwise, like KT said, ask your lecturers.

Latest