The Student Room Group

Dropping out

I’ve been given temporary leave from college as I can’t make it in due to my mental health but this week I have to make the decision on dropping out this year. My options are doing a levels online, do the restart program next year at my college or start working but at the moment i can’t do that. I think I might take a year out but I’m not sure what to do for a year while I’m off college? Any ideas?

Also I’ve dropped an a level next year I hope to do 3 at college but if I choose to stay with 2 how much does that restrict me with uni choices?
(edited 3 years ago)
you can try apprenticeships or do some courses related to what you want to do online on the open university website there are some good free ones
Original post by Grobertsxn
I’ve been given temporary leave from college as I can’t make it in due to my mental health but this week I have to make the decision on dropping out this year. My options are doing a levels online, do the restart program next year at my college or start working but at the moment i can’t do that. I think I might take a year out but I’m not sure what to do for a year while I’m off college? Any ideas?

Also I’ve dropped an a level next year I hope to do 3 at college but if I choose to stay with 2 how much does that restrict me with uni choices?

Hi @Grobertsxn, I'm sorry to hear that you're having to temporarily suspend your studies. Can I ask, which subject are you looking to study at university? And do you have specific universities in mind? Thanks, Carrie :smile:
It all depends on what your next steps are really, what it is you want to do. We do blended learning and working online isn't too bad. Do you think it would help for you to do another subject? There are also access course depending on what you want to do though they are pretty intense. Other than that the open university is amazing and have alot of free courses too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending