The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni

If you drop out of uni are you able to go back and pick up from where u left off. Eg You drop out end of second year are you able to go straight into third year of are you going to have to start again?
Original post by Anonymous
If you drop out of uni are you able to go back and pick up from where u left off. Eg You drop out end of second year are you able to go straight into third year of are you going to have to start again?

It depends. You can't just walk out and hope to pick up again anytime in the future. You have to discuss with the university, consider your grades, reasons for leaving, which uni etc. Overall, the answer is probably you can't, though maybe you can if you handle it right.
(edited 7 months ago)
Hello!
I'm one of the student ambassadors here at Coventry University.
Usually, the answer is no. if you drop out the likelihood of you being able to 'pick up where you left off' is slim. However, this is not accounting of any information as to why you're dropping out, the universities procedures etc. I'd recommend talking to your university before dropping out to see what your steps would be if you were to leave and come back.
However, if you did wish to restart at another university, the likelihood of them allowing you to pick up where you left off is also slim, giving that all modules across different universities may vary.

In short, I'd recommend speaking to your university and discussing your potential next steps for sure, as not all universities work the same and some may be more willing to let you alter if they can.
I hope this helps.
Kind regards,
Courtney H

You’ll start again you won’t resume from where you have left off.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending