The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I work there now, which branch is your interview at?
Reply 2
John_boy
I work there now, which branch is your interview at?

Sutton coldfield In Birmingham, what was the interview like mate ?
They are boycotting the sports world in newcastle haha.
Reply 4
xxstace123xx

Has it got anything to do with Kevin Keegan. :shifty:

:biggrin:
xxstace123xx

y?
Rei
Has it got anything to do with Kevin Keegan. :shifty:

:biggrin:

Something like that lol. Because the manager of Newcastle (well the ex manager) owns sports world.

So they where boycotting it haha.
Reply 7
Well i had my interview a long time ago, been there about 4 years doing part time while at uni. At my place (Sheffield, Meadowhall) the interview depends on how many people turn up. But basically your asked a few questions about yourself, general stuff like hobbies etc. Then from this they will decide whether your a idiot or not and then ask you what hours/days you can work. Also you'll be lucky to get anywhere near £6 unless your full-time.

edit.
Mike ashley is still owner of newcastle, we get all the gossip at our place, i dont know why he bought them seen as hes a londoner.
Reply 8
xxstace123xx
Something like that lol. Because the manager of Newcastle (well the ex manager) owns sports world.

:rofl: I was only kidding.. Oh god.
Reply 9
xxstace123xx

You mean the owner :smile: otherwise you'd be saying that Kevin Keagan owns Sportsworld :redface:

Ontopic: I've had an interview with them for the new store in Leicester city but unfortunatley I didn't get the job :frown: It was probably because I was in my final year at uni and I wanted something short-term rather than long-term...
Reply 10
IcEmAn911
You mean the owner :smile: otherwise you'd be saying that Kevin Keagan owns Sportsworld :redface:

Ontopic: I've had an interview with them for the new store in Leicester city but unfortunatley I didn't get the job :frown: It was probably because I was in my final year at uni and I wanted something short-term rather than long-term...

what do you mean ?

what is the reason you didn't get it?

also are they open on sundays ?
Checkmate121
what do you mean ?

what is the reason you didn't get it?

also are they open on sundays ?

I don't know lol..

It's probably because there were lots of applicants (100's aps.) as well as only being able to commit to them for roughly 5-6 months as by then I would've graduated and left Leicester. They may have seen other applicants who are more willing to commit for the long-term and help to reduce employee turnover and time spent on retraining. So therefore because I could only commit for the short term period then maybe I'm not worth employing. That's my take on it anyway....

and yes they are open on sundays :smile:
Reply 12
IcEmAn911
I don't know lol..

It's probably because there were lots of applicants (100's aps.) as well as only being able to commit to them for roughly 5-6 months as by then I would've graduated and left Leicester. They may have seen other applicants who are more willing to commit for the long-term and help to reduce employee turnover and time spent on retraining. So therefore because I could only commit for the short term period then maybe I'm not worth employing. That's my take on it anyway....

and yes they are open on sundays :smile:

Oh ok thanks, but i don't think mine is gonna be a group thing lol, as they told me to come any time, p lus i applied for the job a month ago, but oh well, hope i get it !
Reply 13
Well good luck. Did you apply for a certain position in the shop ie tills? I work in the stockroom so dont have to deal with the customers :smile:
Good luck.. it probably won't be as competitive as when I went for my job interview with them, but in my opinion if you can show that you're there for the long haul then I don't see why they wouldn't want you.
Reply 15
its for casual assistant
Reply 16
bump
Reply 17
bump
i've been invited to a recruitment day where i will be briefly interviewed at thursday 9th october, 12-12:45

but theres one big problem; school. Am i allowed to call them to change the times, i can go on the next friday?
Reply 19
I got interview in sportworld in witerose center tomorrow. Will interviewer ask any other question apart from hobbies,intrest etc please let me know soon as posible cos I have less time

Latest

Trending

Trending