The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Aconite
Because it's cool and liberal to dislike the USA. It makes you modern and right-on. Burgers. George Bush, retard, moron.

See?

What's so 'cool' about disliking North America?-I find some people in this country seem to hate on America because they are jealous of the States due to there status on a global stage or because they chose to believe these stupid stereotypes that are being thrown around in the media.
Reply 41
Isn't it a bit sad that people actually have to warn the OP to "make it very clear you're Canadian"? 90% of people who might give a hostile response to someone introducing themselves as American haven't even been to America, ignorant ******.

Anyway OP, I find the American accent much more pleasant than the British one. There are very few British (English in particular) accents that don't make the speaker sound as though they might have eaten a bit too much beef in the late 80s.
Reply 42
History Rocks
What's so 'cool' about disliking North America?-I find some people in this country seem to hate on America because they are jealous of the States due to there status on a global stage or because they chose to believe these stupid stereotypes that are being thrown around in the media.

I've no idea what's cool about disliking America. However, I have noticed that every long-haired leftie with badges on their bag has one saying "George Bush Moron America Bad Moron" somewhere about their person.
Audrey Hepburn
We hate Americans in general, not just the accent.

That is mere envy and jealousy.
That is because the poor white trash British envy our great nation, our wealth and our power and culture.
If we wanted, we could nuke the UK until it was a glowing, radioactive glass plain.:shifty:

Now THAT is true power.:woo:
Remember, we rule the Earth.
Bow to us, for we are the true Masters of the world.:yep:

When Palin and McCain are running the world, we will show you what real pain is.
Reply 44
That is becaause th British envy our great nation, our wealth and our power and culture. If we wanted, we could nuke the UK until it was a glowing, radioactive glass plain.

Now THAT is true power.
Bow to us, for we are the true Masters of the world.

Actually it's just because we hate your freedom.
flugestuge
That is mere envy and jealousy.
That is because the poor white trash British envy our great nation, our wealth and our power and culture.
If we wanted, we could nuke the UK until it was a glowing, radioactive glass plain.:shifty:

Now THAT is true power.:woo:
Bow to us, for we are the true Masters of the world.:yep:

When Palin and McCain are running the world, we will show you what real pain is.

This is a sarcastic post responding to another sarcastic post.. right? :yep:

Edit: If the US did nuke the UK, the US would be nuked by the rest of the world.
iis
Actually it's just because we hate your freedom.

Yup, just envy of different kinds.
:yep: :yep:

Admit it, we are Gods Own Nation. (GON ):woo:
Reply 47
i don't hate the ascent.
rockrunride
This is a sarcastic post responding to another sarcastic post.. right? :yep:

You are mistaken.
That is not sarcasm.
It is the plain unvarnished truth.
That is why so many Brits want to come to the USA.
That is why so many people beg to come to our great country.:yep:
Reply 49
Its probably not the accent that people hate, its the manner of speaking e.g., "oh may gaad, like, you knaw, like, yeah, awesome" in the same way people hate "like, you get me blaad, innit?". You don't see much of the second on tv, whereas if you watch the O.C., Hills, basically crap from MTV all day, you would think that all Americans talk like the first example.

Me, I hate it when (mostly) Americans say phrases wrong, e.g., "I could care less" wtf?
_Hayko
Me, I hate it when (mostly) Americans say phrases wrong, e.g., "I could care less" wtf?

Not our FAULT that you English cant speak English correctly.
Our way is the right way.
Cause George Bush, Reagan and Kennedy speak our way.
flugestuge
You are mistaken.
That is not sarcasm.

I suppose you represent the reservations many British have over the United States.
I love the American accent!! It would be so cool to speak like that, I don't know why people would hate it?
Reply 53
flugestuge
Not our FAULT that you English cant speak English correctly.
Our way is the right way.
Cause George Bush, Reagan and Kennedy speak our way.

Nah mate, wot you guys speak is American innit, it ain't propa English like wot we speak 'ere. :biggrin:
rockrunride
I suppose you represent the reservations many British have over the United States.

It is true that you need to make reservations in advance if you want a hotel room in our great country :s-smilie: . But that is simply because we are so popular. :yep:
Reply 55
flugestuge
You are mistaken.
That is not sarcasm.

Yes we want to be rednecks. :rolleyes:

*Spits
manmade xoxo
I want to study in the UK next year(if I do get an acceptance) and it seems like everyone in Britain is kinda against North Americans..

No, I am all for fellow Americans.
But you Canadians are just faux British and dont count as North Americans.
You are more like a cross between the French and the Colombians.
flugestuge
It is true that you need to make reservations in advance if you want a hotel room in our great country :s-smilie: . But that is simply because we are so popular. :yep:

I meant reservations as in concerns; why people dislike or "hate" the US.

Basically you are confirming why many British are worried and seemingly dislike the States.
CHAMON
Yes we want to be rednecks. :rolleyes:

*Spits

No, you want to be rich and powerful like us.

BTW, spitting is a chav thing.
As long as you don't think that american is the natural form of spoken english then you will be fine. It's the ones who go "Oh I love your accent it's simply adorable!" and when you reply "Thank you, I like your's too", they reply "What accent?"

Latest

Trending

Trending