The Student Room Group
University of York
York

MA English Literary Studies

I've accepted an offer to study English at postgraduate level at York in September 2021. I was just wondering if there's anyone else who's going to be on the course on here or even in the department?
Original post by EveningWonder13
I've accepted an offer to study English at postgraduate level at York in September 2021. I was just wondering if there's anyone else who's going to be on the course on here or even in the department?

That sounds great! Congratulations! Can you kindly tell me the amount of time they took to send you your offer from the date of submitting an application? I've submitted mine few days ago and am currently waiting for their decision. Considering the number of seats or course capacity, I of course feel nervous, and therefore, would like to know from you.
(edited 3 years ago)
University of York
York
Original post by Anwita Roy
That sounds great! Congratulations! Can you kindly tell me the amount of time they took to send you your offer from the date of submitting an application? I've submitted mine few days ago and am currently waiting for their decision. Considering the number of seats or course capacity, I of course feel nervous, and therefore, would like to know from you.

Thank you 😊 I submitted my application on the 22nd of October and I got an offer on the 7th of December. So it was six weeks, which is the amount of time they told me it would take really. They admitted to me in emails they're behind in things due to covid and lockdown and that they're off for Christmas. That could be the reason you haven't heard from them.
Original post by EveningWonder13
Thank you 😊 I submitted my application on the 22nd of October and I got an offer on the 7th of December. So it was six weeks, which is the amount of time they told me it would take really. They admitted to me in emails they're behind in things due to covid and lockdown and that they're off for Christmas. That could be the reason you haven't heard from them.

Thanks for the information!
And if you don't mind me asking, were your written samples specifically on a topic related to your initial MA dissertation idea? Or extracts/essays from your undergraduate degree? Just asking.

(I'm just curious because the waiting makes me quite nervous about the decision now!)
Original post by Anwita Roy
Thanks for the information!
And if you don't mind me asking, were your written samples specifically on a topic related to your initial MA dissertation idea? Or extracts/essays from your undergraduate degree? Just asking.

(I'm just curious because the waiting makes me quite nervous about the decision now!)

Of course I don't mind. My written samples were just essays from my undergraduate degree. One of them didn't even meet the word requirement and I was still accepted. And I really wouldn't worry, they're really just overloaded with work at the moment and everything that's going on with covid. I sent them an email over a month ago and they've only just responded yesterday.

Any other questions I'd be happy to answer.

Quick Reply

Latest