The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham Liberal Arts offers

Hi - I applied for Liberal Arts at Durham in October, but haven’t received any reply yet. Does anyone know when they are likely to start giving out offers? And if they take a long time to reply, does this disadvantage me from other offer-holders in choosing my college preferences early?
I applied for MA English literary studies in December and got the offer in January.
They should have been sending out offers (in my view quite generously)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi - I applied for Liberal Arts at Durham in October, but haven’t received any reply yet. Does anyone know when they are likely to start giving out offers? And if they take a long time to reply, does this disadvantage me from other offer-holders in choosing my college preferences early?
Hiya

Historically, the majority of offers go out in March. Also, the admissions team hope to make decisions on all applications by 29th March.

And no, this does not disadvantage you as when college allocation starts, all names are randomized first. This means that even if you receive an offer later than some other people, you will all be in the same boat when it comes to allocating colleges. More details are here- https://www.dur.ac.uk/colleges-and-student-experience/colleges/your-college---undergraduate/how-the-allocation-process-works-for-undergraduates/

Hope that helps and good luck :smile:

-Himieka
Original post by Anonymous #1
Hi, I got my Liberal Arts offer back today after applying in late November time. However, i also applied for Politics and have not heard back for that yet.

Quick Reply

Latest