The Student Room Group
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales

Question: Are you allowed to fail one unit and resit

This may be a ridiculous question but yet not so silly as I’m aware different universities have different resit procedures. Do you have to pay for resits and have rules of how many resits you can take before you retake a year. Just asking as with all this COVID nonesense who knows what could happen but I probably won’t need to resit in any circumstance but I get a lot of self doubt about these things lol. You never know what next year may be like.
Your student/course handbook will explain this.
On campus building at University of South Wales
University of South Wales
Original post by username5611468
This may be a ridiculous question but yet not so silly as I’m aware different universities have different resit procedures. Do you have to pay for resits and have rules of how many resits you can take before you retake a year. Just asking as with all this COVID nonesense who knows what could happen but I probably won’t need to resit in any circumstance but I get a lot of self doubt about these things lol. You never know what next year may be like.

Hi @username5611468, it definitely isn't a ridiculous question at all. You quite rightly say that all universities have different resit procedures. All universities will want their students to progress onto the next year of study, so support will be given to those students, who for whatever reason, need to resit. I am pretty sure you can only resit once, but this differs from university to university. All exams at university are free of charge, so don't worry about any additional expenses relating to this. Have you applied to the University of South Wales? All students are probably feeling the same way as you are, but try not to doubt your abilities, I am sure you will be fine as you say. If you have any further questions, please let me know. I hope this helps :smile: Rebecca

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending