The Student Room Group

Would I be allowed in sixth form if i failed English but passed everything else?

I'm doing CCEA English. I got 2 marks away from a C last year in unit 1. I got a c* in Unit 2. A C in unit 3. So I need a mid or high D from unit 4 the exam I just did. I'm not feeling too confident I got the score I need though. If I pass my other 8 subjects will I be allowed back in?
Very likely but depending on the college depends on what you’ll be able to do. For example at my college you required a certain entry grade into every subject, so if you didn’t meet that target you’d be unlikely to be able to get into that subject.

Obviously there’s the government requirement to have to retake maths/English if not passed
Reply 2
Yes, if you fail GCSE English/Maths then colleges/sixth forms may take you on however they will require that you retake the GCSE whilst at college, usually in January time in your first year I think. They may also require you to attend GCSE Lessons as part of your usual A level lessons.

How do I know? I know plenty of people who failed English/Maths at GCSE :smile:
Original post by yelir
Yes, if you fail GCSE English/Maths then colleges/sixth forms may take you on however they will require that you retake the GCSE whilst at college, usually in January time in your first year I think. They may also require you to attend GCSE Lessons as part of your usual A level lessons.

How do I know? I know plenty of people who failed English/Maths at GCSE :smile:

Ive got accepted to my school sixthform and i need to do english resit am i going to move the collage if i cant pass it

Quick Reply

Latest