The Student Room Group

Swapping out a resit/capped module?

Would this be possible? I’ve failed an optional Year 3 module for late submission, would I realistically be able to enrol in September with a place on a new optional module? Is this something that unis offer?
Original post by Anonymous
Would this be possible? I’ve failed an optional Year 3 module for late submission, would I realistically be able to enrol in September with a place on a new optional module? Is this something that unis offer?

You would have to ask your course director this question to get a sensible answer as the rule set will vary from place to place. I would imagine the answer will be "no" for a late submission without well documented mitigating circumstances, the best you could aim for would be a capped resit of the same course. Too much wiggle room for students trying to game the system otherwise.
Reply 2
where I am it'd be a straight no, because you're effectively getting a fresh start from a unit fail and that amounts to an unfair advantage.
This does seem like something everyone would be doing if it were permitted.
Reply 4
All fair responses offered above. I do have mitigating circumstances but I’m wondering if it would be worth pursuing an appeal vs asking to swap out modules. Thanks guys :smile:
Reply 5
If there are accepted mit circs then the question is somewhat moot in terms of unit failure (because the failure can be superseded with a reexamination), but the same response would still apply - they'd expect you to pass the failed unit, usually as a first sit. Switching would not usually be allowed because, mit circs or not, there is still a unit failure to deal with.
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending