The Student Room Group

Resit

What happens if you forget to take a resit but you’ve passed the year? I’ve just failed that one module but since you can fail one it still means i passed the year. I signed up for resits but forgot to take them, will I be charged for this?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
What happens if you forget to take a resit but you’ve passed the year? I’ve just failed that one module but since you can fail one it still means i passed the year. I signed up for resits but forgot to take them, will I be charged for this?

I should say that this resit is more of a reassessing and it was initially free.
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous

If they were going to allow you to fail a module and still progress, then it seems unlikely they'd have asked you to do the resit in the first place.

Do your university charge for doing resits? If so, I can't imagine they'd give a refund as most of the work required for setting up the resit would already have been done.

If you've been required to do a re-sit and then not turned up, then you'll be awarded a zero. It's up to the university to decide what to do next -- they might allow you to pass anyway (but that seems unlikely, given that they required the resit in the first place); they might allowed you to progress to the next year but retake the missed unit during the year; or they might require you to a supplementary year in which the only thing you do is that failed module, and then if pass, you proceed to the next year of your course next September; or they might require you withdraw from the course completely (though that would be a rather harsh approach).

It will depend on what your university's regulations allow.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending