The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool: Accommodation Guide and FAQs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bumblebear
Hi! What's it like living in Melville Grove? It looks nice and convenient but are there any issues to be aware of? Is there enough lounge space in the flats and is it easy to access the vine court reception and social spaces? Is there a laundrette in Melville Grove?

Definitely enough lounge space. The only thing to be 'aware' of is that you will be sharing bathrooms. There is a launderette on site, and Vine Court is a two minute walk away - literally across the road, and you pick up your post there.

See the handbook here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/current-students/melville-grove-welcome-handbook/

Out of all of my friends, some of the happiest were at Melville in their first year.
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Sandtrooper
Definitely enough lounge space. The only thing to be 'aware' of is that you will be sharing bathrooms. There is a launderette on site, and Vine Court is a two minute walk away - literally across the road, and you pick up your post there.

See the handbook here: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/current-students/melville-grove-welcome-handbook/

Out of all of my friends, some of the happiest were at Melville in their first year.

Thank you that's really helpful! Is there a launderette in the building or is there only one in vine court?
Original post by bumblebear
Thank you that's really helpful! Is there a launderette in the building or is there only one in vine court?

Hi there!

There's a laundrette located near the reception building of Melville Grove so you won't have to be carrying your clothes very far!

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi,What colour are the feature walls in crown?
Original post by harriet03little
Hi,What colour are the feature walls in crown?

They have a large range of colours: https://www.browzer.co.uk/liv/rooms-in-our-halls_104124. You won't know what colour your wall will be until you are allocated a room.
@University of Liverpool Student Rep hi ! i'm a second year transfer student, applied to dover court but just got an email saying it's all sold out so they're offering me a single self catered room in vine court instead. could you let me know if vine court is good? (i'm doing politics), mainly 1) i've heard the flats are quite big, is this the same if you're self catered and sharing a kitchen? 2) if you're self catered, can you use the restaurant/catering on a pay as you go basis? thanks !
Original post by chlxe88
@University of Liverpool Student Rep hi ! i'm a second year transfer student, applied to dover court but just got an email saying it's all sold out so they're offering me a single self catered room in vine court instead. could you let me know if vine court is good? (i'm doing politics), mainly 1) i've heard the flats are quite big, is this the same if you're self catered and sharing a kitchen? 2) if you're self catered, can you use the restaurant/catering on a pay as you go basis? thanks !

Hi there,

Vine Court is a great place to be, its very close to the where School of Politics are based, and the flats are the same size, and quality as Dover Court so its a great replacement for that. You'll be sharing a kitchen between 4 - 7 people, however, you are welcome to get the restaurant downstairs on a pay as you go basis!

Hi everyone, I had Liverpool as my insurance option. I didn't get my first choice so accepted my Liverpool place today. However, I hadn't realised I could apply for accommodation early, so only put in my application this morning. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get anything? I'm really worried because I can't afford any of the more expensive options so chose the cheapest ones.
Reply 28
@University of Liverpool Student Rep Hey !
Generally, for how many weeks do medical students ,book the accommodation ?
TIA
Original post by doodleboodle
Hi everyone, I had Liverpool as my insurance option. I didn't get my first choice so accepted my Liverpool place today. However, I hadn't realised I could apply for accommodation early, so only put in my application this morning. Does anyone know if I'm likely to get anything? I'm really worried because I can't afford any of the more expensive options so chose the cheapest ones.

To be honest, it's unlikely, but they will almost certainly offer you something, potentially a partner accommodation. What rooms did you apply for?
I just got accepted into Greenbank Student Village, do they have an 11PM curfew just like the other accommodations on campus? :smile:
Are the single bed and 3/4 bed rooms in the same flats or not? How many rooms are single bed roughly?
Original post by ChrisC2401
I just got accepted into Greenbank Student Village, do they have an 11PM curfew just like the other accommodations on campus? :smile:

Is the accommodation offer released? Where can I check the results?
Original post by fungcsec

Offers started releasing on the 22nd. If you haven't gotten yours yet you will soon. They will send you an email and it will also be visible on your Liverpool Life

Hi there,

You should be able to check your accommodation offer on Liverpool Life, however, if you still have not heard anything then get in touch with the accommodation team on 0151 795 0319 and they should be able to help you out :smile:

Is the student halls open throughout the year? Will they be closed during the long holiday break?
Original post by ChrisC2401

Hi there,

There is no 'curfew' enforced in the accommodations, you are free to come and go at any time of the day (or night!). However, there are rules in place surrounding noise after 11PM - you are expected to be quiet after then.

Is the student halls open throughout the year? Will they be closed during the long holiday break?

Hi there,

The student halls are generally vacated during the holidays, however, there are arrangements in place for students who are remaining in the accommodation over the holidays.

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,
The student halls are generally vacated during the holidays, however, there are arrangements in place for students who are remaining in the accommodation over the holidays.

Hi Malachy,
Thanks for your reply. For better arrangement of my schedule, where may I obtain an opening schedule (calendar) of the student halls?
Hi Malachy,
Thanks for your reply. For better arrangement of my schedule, where may I obtain an opening schedule (calendar) of the student halls?

Hi there,

Typically you can arrive in the student halls on the weekend ahead of weekend week, so that should be Sat 17th Sept. I'm not sure if a full schedule is availbile yet, but you usually get the option to book an arrival slot in the halls in the communications from the University of Liverpool accommodation team.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending