The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool: Accommodation Guide and FAQs

Scroll to see replies

Hello, I would like to know does the accommodations have wifi?
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by Chiu_Colin

They do, using the Eduroam network.
Original post by Chiu_Colin

Hi there!

All the University of Liverpool halls have free wifi included in the contract, as Sandtrooper has said this is provided by eduroam which provides internet across the University campus :smile:

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Does anyone know anything about Capital Gate student hall and the Student Roost as a provider? It looks like a nice place to stay and a lidl behind it :smile:! Are there any issues and what kind of students (e.g. undergrads/postgrads) usually stay in Capital Gate? What kind of facilities are there and how noisy is it (I would like to get some sleep from time to time :biggrin:)?
Hi there,

So I can't give too much endorsement or information about non-University accommodation, but ill let you know that the area is great, it is just a few minutes from the North part of campus. It is also only 5-10 minute walk to the City Centre so you are in a good location!

Hopefully you can get a response from someone who has lived there :smile:

Do you know when the accommodation portal for 2023 will be open? My daughter has a confirmed offer (already has grades) so is she likely to get an offer quickly?
Thanks
Original post by Cgodfrry
Do you know when the accommodation portal for 2023 will be open? My daughter has a confirmed offer (already has grades) so is she likely to get an offer quickly?
Thanks

Hi there,

It usually opens in early spring, so watch out for your invite for your daughter to apply! I can't give any guarantees in relation to accommodation, however the earlier she applies the more likely she will get her preferences as it is first come, first serve with accommodation places :smile:

I hope this is helpful.

hi, due to my religious beliefs i would prefer sharing a flat with other female students. how would UOL accommodate this? or have any current students faced this? thank you!
Original post by arch17
hi, due to my religious beliefs i would prefer sharing a flat with other female students. how would UOL accommodate this? or have any current students faced this? thank you!

You can put it down as a preference when you apply for accommodation. They will almost certainly honour this, but if not, just call them up on the day that accommodation offers are received to confirm.
Original post by arch17

Hi there arch17,

There is an option on the applications to request this, and the accommodation team will do everything they can to meet this request :smile:

Let me know if you have any further questions.

hey I applied within an hour of the accommodation applications being open, am I likely to get my first choice? I applied for crown place, vine court and philharmonic court - realistically I don't mind between the three of them and I realise its an impossible question anyway haha but curious
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by izzy4509x
hey I applied within an hour of the accommodation applications being open, am I likely to get my first choice? I applied for crown place, vine court and philharmonic court - realistically I don't mind between the three of them and I realise its an impossible question anyway haha but curious

Hi there,

If you applied within an hour of being open you have a good chance of getting your first, or second choice. However, this cannot be guaranteed as it depends on the number of applicants before you, and the total number of applicants. I hope you do though!

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

Vine Court is a great place to be, its very close to the where School of Politics are based, and the flats are the same size, and quality as Dover Court so its a great replacement for that. You'll be sharing a kitchen between 4 - 7 people, however, you are welcome to get the restaurant downstairs on a pay as you go basis!

Hi!

Would you please advise which hall is the best for (international) student of BSc in Diagnostic Radiography in terms of the proximity between the hall and the main building of lecture? Thanks.
Original post by Jasminelaw
Hi!

Would you please advise which hall is the best for (international) student of BSc in Diagnostic Radiography in terms of the proximity between the hall and the main building of lecture? Thanks.

hey I can't specifically answer this but the campus is quite small so it shouldn't be more than a 10 minutes or so walk from anywhere (except Greenbank which is a bus ride away) :smile:
Original post by Jasminelaw
Hi!

Hi there,

So lectures and seminars can be anywhere on campus, not just in your department's own building. However the School of Health Sciences is on North campus and Crown Place is around 5 minutes walk, or Melville Grove and Vine Court are around 10 minutes walk. Therefore all are well located for your studies :smile:

Hi there,

So lectures and seminars can be anywhere on campus, not just in your department's own building. However the School of Health Sciences is on North campus and Crown Place is around 5 minutes walk, or Melville Grove and Vine Court are around 10 minutes walk. Therefore all are well located for your studies :smile:

My daughter has also applied for radiotherapy so will be required to travel to placements. Do any of the central accommodation options have car parking?
Original post by normaw
My daughter has also applied for radiotherapy so will be required to travel to placements. Do any of the central accommodation options have car parking?

Hi there,

Our on-campus halls do not offer car parking due to limitation in space on campus. However, there are a number of private parking option nearby campus e.g. Q-Park, NPC which you may be able to arrange long-term parking on a contact.

I hope this is useful.

Original post by izzy4509x

I’m a student in first year and I applied as soon as the portal opened last year like you, and I got none of my top three choices at crown and vine, only offered greenbank which was out of budget. However, I know my friends who applied 2 months+ after me and they got their first choice at crown whereas I didn’t! Not sure how the allocation process works but it definitely isn’t first come first served, so don’t get your hopes up like I did :/
Hi there,

Our on-campus halls do not offer car parking due to limitation in space on campus. However, there are a number of private parking option nearby campus e.g. Q-Park, NPC which you may be able to arrange long-term parking on a contact.

I hope this is useful.

Hi does greenbank offer parking ? As having my car with me is very important to me
Original post by j1mmyyy
Hi does greenbank offer parking ? As having my car with me is very important to me

Yes, it does.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending