The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool: Accommodation Guide and FAQs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I’m a student in first year and I applied as soon as the portal opened last year like you, and I got none of my top three choices at crown and vine, only offered greenbank which was out of budget. However, I know my friends who applied 2 months+ after me and they got their first choice at crown whereas I didn’t! Not sure how the allocation process works but it definitely isn’t first come first served, so don’t get your hopes up like I did :/

fair, funnily enough I went to the applicant day today and im now going to be changing my first choice to philharmonic and second to vine, with crown place last haha
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Original post by j1mmyyy
Hi does greenbank offer parking ? As having my car with me is very important to me

Hi there,

Yes greenbank does offer parking for an annual fee.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
Original post by j1mmyyy
Hi does greenbank offer parking ? As having my car with me is very important to me

Hi, I'm at greenbank and although there are limited spaces in the car park (which you have to pay for) there's also lots of on road parking outside the halls. That's where most people park if they didn't manage to get a payed space. I personally wouldn't bother with booking a car park space since you can park for free on the street.
hope this helps :smile:
Morning all, thinking of firming Liverpool but am concerned that as the accommodation process has been open for a while Ive missed the boat. Really want a city centre en-suite.

Am I too late to get my preferred accommodation?

Cheers
Original post by Drogmeg
Morning all, thinking of firming Liverpool but am concerned that as the accommodation process has been open for a while Ive missed the boat. Really want a city centre en-suite.

Cheers

Have a look at privately run halls - LU accommodation is expensive in comparison. We were recommended to go this route by some of the students we met at the recent offer-holder day.
Original post by Drogmeg

Cheers

Nope, as long as you apply before the deadline, you should be fine.

Every single person I know who has applied in recent years has gotten an en-suite if they asked for one - Melville is pretty self-selecting. You might get put in Greenbank, but honestly, most people end up living in that area in later years, anyhow, so it really doesn't matter much.
Original post by Drogmeg

Cheers

Hi there,

So not matter when you apply you are not guaranteed your preferred accommodation and it is very difficult to say if you will definitely one hall or another. One thing I would say is that April isn't too late, given there are many people applying through Clearing, and firming their choices in May/June. If you don't get an on-campus hall another choice is to reject your accommodation offer and instead go for private halls.

I hope this is useful :smile:

Thank you Malachy, very helpful.

Original post by University of Liverpool Student Rep
Hi there,

So not matter when you apply you are not guaranteed your preferred accommodation and it is very difficult to say if you will definitely one hall or another. One thing I would say is that April isn't too late, given there are many people applying through Clearing, and firming their choices in May/June. If you don't get an on-campus hall another choice is to reject your accommodation offer and instead go for private halls.

I hope this is useful :smile:

Original post by Drogmeg
Thank you Malachy, very helpful.

You are welcome. Let me know if you have any other questions :smile:

Reply 69
Do you know when we will be given our moving in date? My daughter will be starting this year and I know that freshers starts on 18th September so is it likely that it will be the weekend before or could it be even earlier?
Original post by Cgodfrry
Do you know when we will be given our moving in date? My daughter will be starting this year and I know that freshers starts on 18th September so is it likely that it will be the weekend before or could it be even earlier?

Hi there,

Typically students are given the option of move in days on the weekend before freshers, so the 16-17th September :smile:

Reply 71
Hi Sandtrooper!

What a useful guide you have made here, good work!!

If anyone has got some more questions about Universities of Liverpool halls then ask away below! I've been a student here for a while now so I've got a good knowledge of all the halls. Also here is the link for the Universities accommodation page: https://www.liverpool.ac.uk/accommodation/ there's loads of useful info and even virtual tours on there so I'd say to take a look there too!

Do deluxe studio apartments in Crown Place have a fridge?
Original post by ebbyrm

All studios should have a fridge as far as I'm aware.
Reply 73
How does moving in work? I know some Unis offer timed slots and days. Or can you just turn up?
I’m assuming moving in will happen the weekend of the 16/17 September.
Thanks
Original post by ebbyrm

Hi there,

Yes all studios have a mini kitchen, which includes a fridge :smile:

How does moving in work? I know some Unis offer timed slots and days. Or can you just turn up?
I’m assuming moving in will happen the weekend of the 16/17 September.
Thanks

Hi there,

Yes moving in will occur on the 16/17th September. Closer to the time (i.e. when your place at Uni is confirmed) you will receive an email asking you to book a time slot.

Best of luck with you results :smile:

Reply 76
My daughter has a confirmed place as she’s deferred and has already been told where her accommodation is. Will she get a slot at the same time as the ‘normal’ students?
My daughter has a confirmed place as she’s deferred and has already been told where her accommodation is. Will she get a slot at the same time as the ‘normal’ students?

Hi there,

Yes for all incoming students regardless of when they applied will be able a book a slot at the same time.

Reply 78
Last year there were slots on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Will it be the same this year? Or just the Saturday/Sunday (16/17th)
Hi there,

Yes moving in will occur on the 16/17th September. Closer to the time (i.e. when your place at Uni is confirmed) you will receive an email asking you to book a time slot.

Best of luck with you results :smile:

@University of Liverpool Student Rep My daughter firmed Liverpool and applied for accomm in April. Should she have heard about room allocation by now or do the emails only go out after results day?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending