The Student Room Group

weight loss cheating

i have cheated during my weight loss, when i found out i lost a kilogram i got excited and at the end of the week had a cookie and two ferrero roches and some chocolate and i feel so guilty and at home i had a massive salad and wasnt bothered to count calories:frown: any help and advice?. next week i want to have a cheat day but idk if i should
Hey, don't punish yourself.. I always give my self a one day of diet which usually is a Sunday. Then I'm back on my low-carb Monday to Saturday :smile:
Original post by gogymstuff
Hey, don't punish yourself.. I always give my self a one day of diet which usually is a sSunday. Then I'm back on my low-carb Monday to Saturday :smile:

Would a cheat day count with McDonald’s and stuff like that :frown: one day off xx
Hey, don't punish yourself.. I always give my self a one day of diet which usually is a Sunday. Then I'm back on my low-carb Monday to Saturday :smile:

That's exactly what I do as well. 6 days low carb then Sunday cheat day.. helps as it is like a reward for me after low carb struggle
That's exactly what I do as well. 6 days low carb then Sunday cheat day.. helps as it is like a reward for me after low carb struggle

What a sustainable and easy to adhere to plan...

I agree with this one. You better schedule a have a non-diet day.
Re-Mapping the Page.
Original post by cooltowering
I agree with this one. You better schedule a have a non-diet day.
Re-Mapping the Page.

Yes because needing a whole day off diet really shows how sustainable your plan really is.
Original post by sskeeeeeenggggg
i have cheated during my weight loss, when i found out i lost a kilogram i got excited and at the end of the week had a cookie and two ferrero roches and some chocolate and i feel so guilty and at home i had a massive salad and wasnt bothered to count calories:frown: any help and advice?. next week i want to have a cheat day but idk if i should

bRO who actuyally caree4z about this bs... sym and that
Reply 8
Has anyone tried keto
Reply 9
They say u can get really good results with it
Original post by Yum2706
They say u can get really good results with it

Oh yesss however it takes a while to get into ketosis.. this can help https://wheyokay.com/nutrex-lipo6-black-keto-60-caps-544-p.asp also mct oil
Oh yesss however it takes a while to get into ketosis.. this can help https://wheyokay.com/nutrex-lipo6-black-keto-60-caps-544-p.asp also mct oil

No it can't help.

I tried something similar - it does not help.
Don't worry make a promise to yourself and follow the instruction hardly without losing confidence and your promise.
We can have a cheat day or cheat meal. Because cheat brakes give us metabolism a bit of a boost by convincing your body the “famine” is over. Your metabolism increases and you're able to break through the stalled weight loss.
Hey! One day isn't going to ruin it believe me. There are 3500 calories in a pound so it's extremely unlikely that you would have put on any weight whatsoever. If you've put any weight on at all it will just be glycogen and water stores that are topped up. Sometimes you have to listen to your body as well and eat what you want. I mean I'm training to be a PT and I am cutting/dieting at the minute but I ate well over my maintenance calories yesterday and have hardly been to the gym this week due to illness but it's fine because I'm back on track today. Look at the bigger picture and look at it from a weekly perspective not day to day.
It depends on how you look at a cheat day, is it a day where you eat what you want or is it a full on binge? That's where your discipline kicks in. I don't think you should have a cheat day next week because you've already refuelled your body. Cheat days are just a way to justify eating a lot without restriction but a better way to do it would be a refeed, where you eat a couple hundred calories over your maintenance) however I would have one in maybe a couple of weeks time. What I would do is have a think about what I would like to eat on that cheat day and incorporate it into my calories throughout the week so that way you can eat whatever and still stay on track. You can still eat chocolate when you're cutting by the way, just make sure you put it into your calories.
Original post by Yum2706
Has anyone tried keto

I've tried keto did nothing for me and was the hardest thing ever.
It's fine, don't worry about it. I have cheat days and enjoy my life by having delicious meals once a week. Staying healthy and fit is important but it is not good if you are punishing yourself or restricting yourself from eating your favorite delicious food. You should have one cheat meal per week but work hard to get in shape. It would be fine to have your favorite food once a week.

Quick Reply

Latest