The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Endcliffe accommodation, wall colours

hello ! i am applying for september 2021 and wondered what colour the walls are for each block in endcliffe ?? if anyone knows that would be a huge help, thank you !!
Original post by lucynewman0803
hello ! i am applying for september 2021 and wondered what colour the walls are for each block in endcliffe ?? if anyone knows that would be a huge help, thank you !!

Hi @lucynewman0803,

Unfortunately I cannot give you a definitive answer, as the wall colour varies between different flats within each block in Endcliffe. I didn't know what wall colour I had before I moved in, but found all of my things still worked well with the décor. Keep in mind too that it is only one feature wall in the bedrooms and kitchen that is a colour, with the rest of the walls being white/cream coloured.

Just to let you know as well, the University Accommodation Team will be hosting an information session on Wednesday the 10th of March 2021, where you'll be able to find out loads more about living in Encliffe, Ranmoor, and City accommodation. You can find out more about this session on the Sheffield Live web pages, as well as see the schedule of other upcoming sessions

Let me know if you have any more questions :smile:

- Ben
Sheffield Graduate
BSc Molecular Biology, MSc Human and Molecular Genetics
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Original post by lucynewman0803

Hiya!

I've lived in Howden in my first year and the C-D block that I was in had red walls. If I remember correctly, A-B and E-F both had blue walls. The tones are quite nice regardless of the colour, they're rather muted and not insanely bright. I was personally very pleased with my room cuz I really liked the red walls and it all looked a lot better after I've decorated it and gave it a personal vibe, but some of my friends who lived in Curbar F block had blue walls and their rooms looked really nice too. Unfortunately, I don't know about other blocks but hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions I could help with! :smile:

Andreea
3rd Year, Politics & Philosophy
Original post by University of Sheffield Students
Hiya!

I've lived in Howden in my first year and the C-D block that I was in had red walls. If I remember correctly, A-B and E-F both had blue walls. The tones are quite nice regardless of the colour, they're rather muted and not insanely bright. I was personally very pleased with my room cuz I really liked the red walls and it all looked a lot better after I've decorated it and gave it a personal vibe, but some of my friends who lived in Curbar F block had blue walls and their rooms looked really nice too. Unfortunately, I don't know about other blocks but hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions I could help with! :smile:

Andreea

Hi Andreea,

Whilst in Curbar did your friends ever encounter any problems/pros that were specific to the block? I like the location of Curbar but can’t find much about it anywhere in comparison to some other blocks. I know all the blocks are practically next door to each other but i’d just like some reassurance before booking Curbar.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi Andreea,

Whilst in Curbar did your friends ever encounter any problems/pros that were specific to the block? I like the location of Curbar but can’t find much about it anywhere in comparison to some other blocks. I know all the blocks are practically next door to each other but i’d just like some reassurance before booking Curbar.

Heyy!

As far as I know, the biggest pros were (1) that it's very close to the Village Store which is a big advantage in case you ever forget to buy something from the nearby shops or want some snacks and (2) that it's in a rather quiet area and also close to the path that leads to Ranmoor if you ever wanna visit your friends or coursemates who live there. I've never heard them complaining about Curbar at all really, so I can't offer any insights about the potential cons.

One thing that's worth mentioning though is that if you ever dislike your accommodation and decide that you want to change the building you're in, your Residence Life mentor will be able to advise you on this and you can easily change. I've had some friends who moved in a different building for various reasons and they said the process was fairly straightforward. This is just to let you know that it's not something that it's possible to change your mind throughout your stay in case anything comes up (if it ever comes to that), although in my experience, this is pretty rare because most people grow to like their flats/rooms/buildings and the people they end up living with.

Let me know if you have any questions that I could help with! :smile:

Andreea
Any idea about Howden G? Floor 2? for wall colour?
Howden G block is yellow. The entrance is directly opposite The Edge main entrance. It's one flat on each floor, the other Howden blocks have two flats to a floor. There are seven rooms in the flat.
Original post by HarryStylesLOT
Any idea about Howden G? Floor 2? for wall colour?
Mine is room 8?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending